​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​

Official Website of the Foxhunters Hall of Fame

Masterfox Message
Start a New Topic 
1 2
Author
Comment
Deer dog hunting on Weyerhaeuser land🔥

I've been hearing for two days that Weyerhaeuser has sent out letters announcing that there will be no deer dog hunting during deer season after this upcoming season. This is a hard pill to swallow as a dog hunter. How is this going to affect the leases that consist of mostly privately owned land that adjoins Weyerhaeuser land? It looks like no matter what that there going to shut the dog hunters down one way or the other. But this doesn't just affect the dog hunter, it affects all of our local vet's, feed stores, vet supply business's and it just gets bigger an bigger! I'm not gonna point fingers but it sure seems like if hunters don't pull together and back each other then what will they do next! I understand that this is a company and not the state or government but I do believe it was jus another way around us! Thanks and God Bless!

Re: Deer dog hunting on Weyerhaeuser land🔥

I read the email they sent out. From the way it read, there will be no running of deer with dogs at any time after this season is over. You can hunt other species with dogs outside of deer season but no deer dogs at any time of the year. I haven't heard about running coyotes during the offseason with dogs. It did say that if you are caught running deer your lease will be pulled that day with no refund. That's going to hurt some of these hunts that leases have to raise money during the offseason. They score on both deer and coyotes. Now, if you are caught running a deer, they'll pull the lease. Are there any other timber companies that allow deer dogs? Plum Creek?

Jeff done some checking our club down here has not got that email or letter. We may get it later hope not. Our whole lease is wheyhauser land

what they are wanting to do is catch you running dogs when you turn loose on private land so that way they can pull your lease and lease it out for more money , there is going to be trouble over this , you watch and see. but not only is this going to effect the dog hunting leases but the people that sale dog food, collars, and all dog hunting supplies , buy weyerhouser doesn't care about all that .

Jeff, I have several places leased, all I recieved was my notice for payment. It did not say anything about dog running, although the survey they send out every year ask if you run dogs. Please advise where you pay your lease, mine goes to Mississippi. Melissa Reagan is my lease adminstrator. Also have you contacted anyone at Weyerhauser concerning this matter. Thanks, please advise or give me a call at 225-305-0358, I'm not on computer very much, got two phone calls about your post, so I had to check it out.

Did anyone from any state other than Louisiana receive this e-mail or letter?
Nobody I asked can answer that question.

I am a club president in NC that leases 99% of our club from wey. Havent got a email like that yet and hope I dont but who knows these day!!!

From what were understanding, it's only the north Louisiana area only!

It only starts with one area. Soon it will be all of us. All they worry about is money. Our lease jumped 2000 dollars this year and goes up 1000 a year for next two years. They don't even come fix the roads there loggers tear up yet they want that money. If its true my buddy that logs for them told me a bunch of stupid stuff they wanna do. They are pretty sorry in my opinion.

That is all Peyton weeks doings , they been wanting to cut it out for a long time .

Are you sure it is Weyerhaeuser than Wyonette?

yes it was weyerhouser

From what I've read and heard, it's a North LA issue that they are handling here. This will be the last year to run deer..period. No more running deer during season or after season. No field trials!!!! You can still pleasure hunt for coyotes but not during deer season or turkey season. You can still use dogs for rabbits, squirrels, coons, hogs, and other game. They had lots of issues with neighbors complaining about dogs on their property but the company also noticed alot of torn up roads and pipelines. I guess they figure if you are running coyotes for the pleasure of the race, you won't be spinning tires and messing roads up. If you are caught running deer at any point, your club will be pulled on the spot and there will be no refunds!!! Talk about putting a high price on deer proof hounds now in North LA!

It's not about roads. Or complaints , it about a few peoples wishes , I been fighting this for years, welcome to the fight brother dog hunters.

It seems like if they do this it will be like I've heard in the older days just go cast wherever and kill them wherever cause they can't pull ur lease if u don't get in one. Still hunters are just goin to make it rougher on themselves by doing this! Lol

I'M FROM WASHINGTON PARISH IN SOUTHEAST LA. AND THEY STOPPED DOG HUNTING ON THEIR LAND HERE YEARS AGO ALL EXCEPT ONE CLUB AND THE REASON THEY CAN STILL HUNT WITH DOGS IS BECAUSE ONE OF THEIR EMPLOYEES IS A MEMBER IN THAT CLUB AND WEYERHAEUSER KEEPS THIS CLUBS ROAD IN REAL GOOD SHAPE BUT THE OTHER CLUBS HAS TO FIX THEIR OWN ROADS PLUS OUR LEASE HAS BEEN GOING UP TWENTY FIVE CENTS PER ACRE FOR SEVERAL YEARS NOW AND IS ABOUT TO THE POINT WE CANNOT AFFORD THE LEASE BUT THEY DON'T CARE THEY JUST SAY WE HAVE PEOPLE WAITING IN LINE TO LEASE LAND.

JEFF AND JODY, WE NEED TO MEET TO DISCUSS STEPS THAT WE NEED TO TAKE TO PUT THE HEAT ON THEM. I THINK THEY GET A SPECIAL TAX BREAK ON THEIR LAND FOR ALLOWING ALL HUNTERS TO HUNT. THE LSA WILL HELP EVERY WAY WE CAN.

Dear Hunting Club Representative,

I have received several calls pertaining to whether or not Weyerhaeuser is banning hunting deer with dogs in 2015. Some Weyerhaeuser regions are considering new deer dog policies. On April 11, 2014, the North Louisiana region announced that the 2014-2015 hunting season will be the last season where deer hunting with dogs will be permitted.

In North Carolina we are not currently adopting this policy. We will continue to make lease specific decisions concerning running deer with dogs. These decisions will be based on tract suitability, and the relationships between our current deer hunting clubs that use dogs and our neighbors. Failure to respect the rights of adjoining clubs and landowners with or without deer dogs will result in actions up to and including lease termination or failure to renew.

Sincerely,

Todd Purvis

NC Timberlands Recreation Manager

TO FIGHT THIS INJUSTICE CALL

If you have questions or comments please don't hesitate to contact us.

McClees Consulting, Inc.
Post Office Box 430
Oriental, NC 28571

Office 252/249-1097
Fax 252/249-3275
E-mail: admin4@mccleesconsulting.com

Joseph D. McClees
Economic Development/Government Relations
Office 252/249-1097
Fax 252/249-3275
E-mail: jdm@mccleesconsulting.com

S. Henri McClees
Attorney at Law
Office 252/249-1097
Fax 252/249-3275
E-mail: henri@mccleesconsulting.com

Thanks Mr Leroy, and would love to meet with you and do whatever we can to save this tradition that we all love.

jeff, give me your number. trent get in this coming week and we will have a meeting up in that area asap.

Mr Leroy ,I won't be home till the end of the month but maybe I can get with yaw then. My number is 318-607-6336!

leroy husser
JEFF AND JODY, WE NEED TO MEET TO DISCUSS STEPS THAT WE NEED TO TAKE TO PUT THE HEAT ON THEM. I THINK THEY GET A SPECIAL TAX BREAK ON THEIR LAND FOR ALLOWING ALL HUNTERS TO HUNT. THE LSA WILL HELP EVERY WAY WE CAN.

If tax breaks were an issue, ROM, IP, RMS, and all the other timber companies wouldn't have banned it. I've always heard that they use the lease money that they receive to pay their taxes. I've never heard of a tax break for them.

hunter, you might be correct, but I was told by other hunters that they get a lower tax rate. we will find out.

Hire a tax attorney.

FOX & COYOTE HUNTER
Hire a tax attorney.

What good would that do besides eat up more money?

I just don't know how hard I'd push them. It's their property. If Joe Blow had 1000 acres that he used to let someone hunt on and he went to them and said that it's bow hunting only from now on, what would you do.... Hold protests? Hire lawyers? Call Congressmen? They know about any and all tax laws concerning their land. If it would pay them in the long run to keep deer dogs, they'd know it. As of now, they are still allowing squirrel, coon, rabbit, hog, and coyote dogs. Push too hard and they may pull something else. It's their land people. It may be a hard pill to swallow but if you are diehard enough to keep wanting to run deer dogs, you'll just have to look at land somewhere else. The Weyerhaeuser leases in South LA aren't affected by this, from what I hear. There are plenty of people from S. LA driving north to deer hunt. Some folks just may have to drive south now to run deer dogs. It sucks if you live close to where you've been hunting all this time but if you are driving already, might as well just change directions. It's different from fighting the gov't over something. Just my thoughts on the situation.

I. P. Done the same thing several years ago here in Ark. before they sold to RMS & RMS kept the same rules they just pick choose witch clubs they want, you can still fox hunt & coyte hunt just not deer hunt. I thought the game & fish set the rules but not here. And yes paper co. pays pennies on the dollar compared to me & you on property taxes your lease money comes to way more than there taxes. Yet we pay the game & fish to patrol the leases & manage the game but don't have access to it A BIG PILE OF BULL DODO IF YOU ASK ME

That was sarcasm bout a tax lawyer.

Bob
I. P. Done the same thing several years ago here in Ark. before they sold to RMS & RMS kept the same rules they just pick choose witch clubs they want, you can still fox hunt & coyte hunt just not deer hunt. I thought the game & fish set the rules but not here. And yes paper co. pays pennies on the dollar compared to me & you on property taxes your lease money comes to way more than there taxes. Yet we pay the game & fish to patrol the leases & manage the game but don't have access to it A BIG PILE OF BULL DODO IF YOU ASK ME

Game and Fish cannot make you allow certain types of hunting. They set the state limits, etc. A timber company lease CANNOT exceed those limits unless they are apart of a state program that they pay for per acre, like DMAP. They CAN make their leasees kill less than the state limits. If the timber company doesn't dictate to their lease holders what they can and cannot kill, they are free to have their own management program or they can just follow state limits and regs. Club ABC may allow 2 does per member and bucks have to be 8pt or better. Club XYZ may allow 3 does per member and they may allow 1 spike and the rest have to be 6pt or better. Club Brown and Down may simply follow state rules. So, for the most part the state doesn't dictate the management plan on private land. As for patrolling it, most clubs welcome game wardens on their leases. Nobody likes or wants outlaws on their lease.

Got 1 question for everybody has anybody payed attention in last week what happened in Nevada with the Bundy Ranch? If you did there prime example of what can be done when people stand together & fight back ! Its no diffirent here men , we the LSA have spent 38,000 dollars to date in legal fees fighting the Federal government in court to run deer hounds on Kisatchie national forest.Myself I pay right 1800.00 dollars in hunting lease money for 2 lease that are weyhesuar land to run deer dogs.Just 2 weeks ago I witnessed what happens when hunters stand together at LSA banquet over 400 attended we raised over 40,000 dollars & proved all the na Sayers wrong that said we would never sell all 350 raffle tickets. Guess what we did and 1 lucky man won 10,000 dollars.We will take this issue head on but we can't do it with out all of your help.

This website is a joke.

Trent Hollingsworth
Got 1 question for everybody has anybody payed attention in last week what happened in Nevada with the Bundy Ranch? If you did there prime example of what can be done when people stand together & fight back ! Its no diffirent here men , we the LSA have spent 38,000 dollars to date in legal fees fighting the Federal government in court to run deer hounds on Kisatchie national forest.Myself I pay right 1800.00 dollars in hunting lease money for 2 lease that are weyhesuar land to run deer dogs.Just 2 weeks ago I witnessed what happens when hunters stand together at LSA banquet over 400 attended we raised over 40,000 dollars & proved all the na Sayers wrong that said we would never sell all 350 raffle tickets. Guess what we did and 1 lucky man won 10,000 dollars.We will take this issue head on but we can't do it with out all of your help.

The Bundy Ranch? The guy was free grazing cattle for 10 years illegally on BLM land. This isn't a BLM or Forest Service issue. This is timber company land....private property. If they closed it tomorrow for all forms of hunting, there isn't a thing you, me, or anybody else can do. It's their land!

I am afraid all the trouble the deer dog guys got planned will make the pine co. just stop all the dog hunting. That is what is fixin to happen foxhunters.You are getting grouped in with the deer dogs through this website.

It has nothing to do with free grazing really or the desert turtle that just what the media does puts spin on it far from the truth most of time! If you do a little research you will find out that Harry Reid & his son have a deal with a Chinese company to build solar power plants & want the land , ol Harry done got the BLM to redrawl the turtle habitat map so he could acquire land. But hog hunter just keep your head burried in sand like an ostrich if you believe everything the government saids is the truth!!

Aint you the guy wanted the government to close pens?How can we research that?

Go to grant parish court house & you can see I was fined for having live fox & coyote without a permit for fox pen. Aleast if your gonna make accusations be man enough to put your name behind it !

I wouldn't post my name with any deer club post either. This post is getting old to see at top on the website.

Trent Hollingsworth
It has nothing to do with free grazing really or the desert turtle that just what the media does puts spin on it far from the truth most of time! If you do a little research you will find out that Harry Reid & his son have a deal with a Chinese company to build solar power plants & want the land , ol Harry done got the BLM to redrawl the turtle habitat map so he could acquire land. But hog hunter just keep your head burried in sand like an ostrich if you believe everything the government saids is the truth!!

And none of this has anything to do with a private timber company dictating policy on their land! Unless, you think Harry Reid or the gov't is behind this too. You're not a conspiracy theorist are you? I bet the Chinese have something to do with Weyerhaeuser banning deer dogs. Maybe they like the taste of Walker hounds and think alot are fixing to be for sale, cheap. Oh, and that wasn't me that posted about your violations concerning the fox pen.

coyote hunter
I am afraid all the trouble the deer dog guys got planned will make the pine co. just stop all the dog hunting. That is what is fixin to happen foxhunters.You are getting grouped in with the deer dogs through this website.

I'm thinking the same thing. Right now, they are still allowing other forms of dog hunting. Currently, there is a HB in Baton Rouge to allow hog hunting on private land 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. Assuming that passes, and it should, you still have to OK it with the land owner. Too much crap from the wrong people and they may decide that they'd rather have the hogs than the hog dog hunter.

nameless
I wouldn't post my name with any deer club post either. This post is getting old to see at top on the website.

Look at the top, right hand corner of your screen. There is a big X. That's the door.

Hay joker,this site is MASTERFOX. not deer year round. Idolatry with deer is bad.

I thought we were all Dog Hunters?
I stand with any hunter no matter what or how he/she hunts!
If yall would all stand together maybe you wouldnt lose any hunting on these lands.

Radar
I thought we were all Dog Hunters?
I stand with any hunter no matter what or how he/she hunts!
If yall would all stand together maybe you wouldnt lose any hunting on these lands.

To what extent though? The Weyerhaeuser issue is cut and dry in my opinion. It's their land and they make the rules. There's no appealing involved short of calling or emailing the timber company. What about the guy with the coon dog or the guy with the hog dogs? Do they fight someone else's fight and risk loosing their own privleges on the same piece of property? And it is a privilege, not a right.

WE'LL COME FOR YOUR HOG HUNTING "PRIVELAGE" SOON ENOUGH HOG HUNTER. REMEMBER THAT. SHOWING THOSE POOR HOGS GETTING BITTEN BY MEAN OLD DOGS. THEN YOU'LL SEE HOW THE SHOE FITS FOR NOT HELPING YOUR FELLOW HUNTER.

You gun guys are a mess. Yal need take yalls side show to a different website. We are already in the pens. Keep us out yalls war zone! Hogs and deer? please.

It's a simple fact boys (WE HANG TOGETHER OR WE HANG SEPERATELY) !!! Do you guys think they will stop at deer dogs? Hell that would be descrimination! Can't have that in America. I like to hog , squirrel, rabbit, and coyote hunt with dogs as much as anyone. Hogman if you don't think you will be next, keep drinking the koolaid!!! Dog hunters just keep cool heads and let the wheels in motion do their thing! God Bless Bundy ranch. You people need to know the story.

Thanks Chris, well said ol buddy! It doesn't matter what kind of hunting we do, but to realize that we're all hunters and why can't we just stick together and support each other instead of this every man for himself mess? Just like Chris said, if we don't stick together then who's next?

All I am saying is, you have to pick your battles,stick together you will be stronger.

If you feel this is going to happen and you all are together on it maybe you can compromise with the Timber company and nsure that you will not lose any other dog hunting.

Or volunteer to make only certain areas open to deer dog hunting to reduce conflict and it all still open to all other dog hunting.

Screaming and stomping your feet at the timber company will get you nowhere but meeting with them as a doghunting group not just as deer,fox,coon,hog hunters only.

Go to them and work with them for resolution and work together is all I am saying.
You will have to give some to recieve some!

We struggle with it everyday here in Florida we have already lost our pens and more is to come but we have made some progress in preservation by working to compromise with lawmakers instead of stomping our feet demanding it stay the same!

One thing is a fact in this day and time "THINGS WILL CHANGE"!

Hope this helps! Good luck to you all!

I gues it sounds bitter.In the state I live, no deer can be run legally. All lands private and public, a fox dog aint got a prayer. He is shot! The foxhunter lost. It was OVER.That was in the late 70's. The state stood with the larger group of gun hunters and grew a huge deer population mostly on private land.I have 500 acres with cows and they tell me not run deer on it.We all know foxhounds will run deer. So it is over.So maybe if your large group of gun hunters stand strong you will get your wish.What few foxhunters left are in pens anyway.We are not even in same category. Most of us are passed away or will soon.Never to have shot or tasted deer meat.Good luck from an old man.

I would hate to have lived and died without every tasting some good, tender, fried backstrap. No steroids or preservatives. All natural and as organic as you get.

sounds kinda good. but I raise cows.Yal hurtin my sales eatin that sfuff. Have a good day friend.

1 2