Comment
2014 July National

2014 July National
October 15-18, 2014
T & T Fox Pen
Grapevine, AR

To Reserve Numbers Call Chuck Allen 319-931-4275

Re: 2014 July National

Does a dog have to be full blooded July to run in this hunt? What are the requirements?

Seven eighths July breeding or more is eligible.

Brenda, When is the Chief going to start the smoke signals???

Keep an eye on the sky in July

BTT

I know I am going to offend some people but 7/8 is not a July and never has been. I understand you feed and buy your dog feed and I am ok with your mixed up dogs if thats what you want. I couldn't and wouldn't accept any trophy from a winning with a mixed up dog. I have worked all my life (be 70 my next birthday) to keep the breed pure as anyone knows. I am not saying my dogs are any better than others but I know where they come from, I will continue to honor the people before me that did their best to breed the pure Julys. It has gotton down to where I can count on both hands the true July breeders that are left. Good luck to all attending the July National.

James H. McCroan

What are full blooded Julys suppose to look like. I used to think a July as having thicker coat and a different head, more ear than a walker. Also color, just wanted your opinion. Is there a smooth hair July and thick hair. Just wondering. Thanks.

LOOK ON THE COVER OF THIS MONTHS HORN #810 IS A FULL BLOOD JULY.

True July looks like a brown collie not lemon spotted.

Yeah, One month on the cover was a hound just as BWT as any Walker , ever heard of pen breed
This means ( Don't Know )

Where did the brindle colored ones come from? Some look just like full blooded plot hounds. No yellow or long hair??

PEN BREED they are yard dogs
Hines 57

Will someone post some pictures on here of what a pure bred july hound should look like?

If full blooded July hounds are so great, then why do they need there own hunt that doesn't allow any other dogs? Maybe we should have a cull dog national so I can get my name called!

They do that so a July can win a 3day hunt!!!

If a seven eighth July one eighth ? Wins, what is the purpose of the July National ?

Its funny how scared your are of just an eighth of walker!

Any news on who Won the derby ?

JAMES WE HAVE TALKED BEFORE AND I AM GLAD TO SEE YOU ARE A LEGEND IN YOUR OWN MIND...NOW JULYS DO HAVE A HEAVIER COAT OF HAIR THEY COME IN EVERY COLOR...THE REASON WE HAVE A JULY NATIONAL IS SO ALL THE JULY BREEDERS CAN GET TOGATHER ONCE A YEAR...CONGRADULATIONS TO GREG PERRY AND RODNEY SWEAT FOR WINNING THE DERBY AND HOWARD OWEN FOR WINNING THE ALL AGE AND WHITEY TURNER FOR WINNING THE SHOW.....CHARLIE WALKER