​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​

Official Website of the Foxhunters Hall of Fame

Masterfox Message
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Horn Regestrations High Priced

I have always registered my dogs in the chase but in the recent times with the masters I have started getting them done in both but in order to do this I have been bringing my females up in the horn and it was a flat rate of 30 dollars. I just sent in a litter of pups that the sire is Horn registered and the dam is Chase but her Sire is Both so the horn had to bring the bottom fourth current in the Horn so when I got the invoice from the Horn the bill was 99 dollars so I called and they said the flat rates no longer apply and I would be charged for each individual hound that had to be brought current. I am no genius but if this is correct and I had to bring all current it would cost near 400 dollars so I will not be doing this any more I will just keep all mine up in the Chase or breed strait Horn dogs. I was wondering if anyone else has had this yet. Just to make it clear they charged to Litter enroll and register every Sire and Dam in the past five Generations to bring a dog current in the SFSB

Re: Horn Regestrations High Priced

Yes Chip I ran into that recently bought Chase gyps up in horn, I was wondering what the Chase Charged I have always kept horn reg. hounds

I think the maximum fee they will charge is $150 to bring a "Chase registered" hound up to date in the SFSB. It is kinda high especially since the Chase now recognizes Masters champions.

Heath, What does the chase charge to bring a horn hound up or will they at all. Haven't took the chase in a long time, I new it used to be a pain has it changed?

Not to be critical, but you are not paying anymore than if you had paid for
the litter enrollment and registration for the hound at the time of whelping.
Why should anyone be rewarded for not conducting the paper work on a hound in
a timely manner?

Not complaining at all, just asking a question, don't blame them for charging for the research they have to do, just wondering what the chase charges to bring them up to date,

That is a good statement. I also dont think a man should be enrolling and registering another mans dead dogs.Keep the paperwork up to date and accurate and the headaches not there.Only one mans opinion so dont anybody get mad.

A few years ago I had a male dog that was horn reg I sent the info to the chase when they done there resurch they sent it back to me I had to track done people from al Texas an Arkansas the chase want signed breader certificate one of these people happen to be dead that owed on of the dogs when I found that out the chase had me find the owner of the dam an get him to sign the certificate then they charged me around 300 dollars after I had to do all that so I no longer have a chase reg dog an never will again

There is a reason for those signatures. Accuracy.

Just so you guys know I litter enroll my pups when their eyes open and I have enrolled three litters off this jip but this is the first time I breed her to a horn dog so I was bringing her up in the horn but that's is to much for me so from now on I will breed Horn to Horn And Chase to Chase. I have no problem paying to register a dog or to Litter enroll pups but it wont be any going back across lines. I have no problem with either the chase or the horn but for 35 years I used the chase.

Anybody could get into your situation. I am sorry if my post was too blunt. What are the details with the "open registry" program the Chase was doing? Anybody know? I read it but couldnt totally understand it.

In most other dog hunting sports, if you have a stud dog that you are charging people to breed to, you would bring him up to date in all registries so that any gyp can breed to him and pups can be registered or enrolled. I have some nice males coming up and I hope they are worthy of breeding to, and if that happens to be the case They will be registered in both. I will say this, when the sire and dam are horn registered it is easier to enroll the litter with them than the chase.