​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​

Official Website of the Foxhunters Hall of Fame

Masterfox Message
Start a New Topic 
1 2
Author
Comment
Re: Shock / Tone Dogs - I am all for new rule in Masters

ALPHA OWNER,THEY REALLY HAVE.I HONESTLY DON'T THINK THAT THERE IS AS MUCH CHEATING GOING ON AS PEOPLE THINK.I DO LIKE THE LEAVE YOUR CELL PHONE OFF DURING THE HUNT THOU.

Sounds like the masters is taking a step back. At least the nationals was smart enough to make it where if they where shocked or toned they be scratched.

Mr Howell please don't start with the drug thing again we don't need that use your head THANKS

Turn them off during the hunt is the right thing to do from the team here at wolfriver. For every new action there is a reaction. Putting the judges scores up where every one can see them is the right thing to do. It will help put some of the rumors and innuendos to bed.

Howell isnt the only one thinks things could be better in certain departments. Lots of guys have quit going to trials because of rumors. I have heard it said if you cant beat em join em. No thanks.

I agree mr. Howell

This is why I quit field trialing. This internet hunting is not for me. Hell I went hunting to get away from my wife.. Yal are grown men who love to argue like a women. Come on fellas, shut the computer down an go hunting

Our dogs are healing up from a race or we take a computer with us to the woods.You know technology as it is these days. And we are debating with too much grit at times for sure.
Glad you enjoy being on the sidelines watching. I think you ment soap but I like soup.

JODY I AGREE WITH CELLPHONES!I HAVE SEEN A CALCUTTA STARTED BECAUSE OF PHONE CALL. SURPRISE THE MAN WON IT.

Hunters,this post is a dead horse. The new rule will will be posted soon.Save up and bring your entry money and turn your Alphas off until told otherwise.

JAMES BROWN/SCREAMING EAGLE KENNELS
JODY I AGREE WITH CELLPHONES!I HAVE SEEN A CALCUTTA STARTED BECAUSE OF PHONE CALL. SURPRISE THE MAN WON IT.

Where was this hunt at?

Alpha owner, the incident I was referring to was a bay, not a crossing. Like I said before I don't care if everyone uses the collar, I did not say it was someone cheating. But a dog got scratched because it heard a tone from another collar. I personally don't think that's fair. Some break their dogs from baying and some to stop them.

I certainly agree with Jody Crowell's opinion about the use of cell phones during speed and drive and other contests.

This is what happens when you get people worried about field trailing instead of a true fox/deer dog. I quit feild trialing a couple years ago because its not a sport or a way to better the breed its about the money or putting that champoin before the name no matter the means. I witnessed this at the very first field trail at picuyane. I witnessed every body on cell phones telling the judges where their dogs was the whole hunt. I said then i would never go back to that pen. I NEVER have. All though a few of my dogs has placed at a few trials there since. I didn't take them of course. Before ya'll get to bashing me from what I hear a dog off my stud dog won byrd/valentine a new four wheeler a couple weeks ago. The field trailing world is a joke. How many of these champions can you haul down a dirt back road and open on a track in the dog box doing 30 mph. My guess NONE. I got some now that can. Only time they bark in box you better stop and drop tailgate. Ya'll keep breeding these so called champions and ill keep breeding true track dogs. No rules can fix the trails the way they are today. Nor can it stop the cheating. To much riding on the win. Thats 3hr or 3 day. Now bash away.

I LIKE TO HEAR A DOG RUN FIRST.I WANT A DOG THAT CAN RUN HIS GAME,BUT DO WHAT IT TAKES TO GET THERE. A DOG CAN'T HONESTLY WIN A HUNT IF HE IS NOT HOOKED UP RUNNING THE GAME. I'VE WITNESSED IN THE NEAR PAST DOGS THAT BURN THE ROADS UP & WIN A FIELD TRIAL.I CAN HONESTLY SAY THAT IT WAS HARD TO BELIEVE,BUT IT HAPPENED.ANYWAY WE TOOK OUR WHOOPING & COME ON TO THE HOUSE.IT HAPPENS.

A CONSISTANT DOG IS WHAT WE HAVE HAD THE MOST LUCK WITH.WHAT EVER FLOATS PEOPLES BOAT IS OK W/ME.

THE WHOLE DEAL W/THE ALPHA IS A DOUBLE EDGE SWORD.WHAT EVER WORKS FOR ME.WE DO TRAIN OURS W/A SHOCK COLLAR & ALWAYS WILL.IT WORKS BETTER FOR ME.

It does not take a rocket scientist to know that in a two or three day a man that can get his dogs in ten minutes after the hunt stands a better chance to win with his dogs that ran for 5 hours and 10 minutes than if it takes 8 hours to get yours but it takes a lot of time and money to break them to do that. I really think this is not much different than when tracking collars first came out the one that had them had a advantage over the one that did not or the four wheeler or the buggies its all an advantage if you can afford them. I do how ever think it should be a rule against shocking them off bays during the hunt but there again the guys I have been around already have them broke from baying before the hunt so unless we are going to go back to all running the same collar and no electronics at all they just need to make the rule and the honest folks will follow and the crooks will not. I also agree with Johnny because I have also witnessed the same thing with the Garmin and the cell phone. I also gave up field trialing and that was the final reason but not the only one and if you don't believe it happens open your eyes at the next hunt you go to and watch it happen. I also agree the PEDs are much harder to compete against than the shock collars and if you don't believe that check out baseball or track and field or horse racing or weight lifting and dogs are no different.

Chip's post is the best post that has been put on here. I never knew cell phones and bad judges were a deal but i see how it works now. and booz and beer at a hunt never went over with me and my hunting buddies. or the gambling. chip, i like your words.I dont no nothin about an alfa or or a ped.

to those of you put your name and chicken ****s that didn't - I guarantee you this, if you come and get you number to the East Coast Masters this year - you will leave with knowing it was straight up as 6 o'clock....no cheating......if you didn't win you got beat...the end....jealous people complain about hunts being crooked, I know the masters this year was straight up - know it, I didn't win not because of cheating, but because my dogs got whipped.....

judges are honest and willing to put there name beside a score for the whole world to see, nothing to hide.....

field trialing is at a good place right now in the masters, now the attitudes of a few that want to complain, complain, complain and not do dam thing about it, well hell that been going on for over hundred years, there is always going to be cry babies and jealous folks ----

But Hunters don't kid yourself for one second the masters hunts are on the up and up!!!

see u soon...

Lenny

The last 25 years has been sad for hunting.Why? Were are the old men like Marvin Odell?Were are the men who could solve a problem and everyone be content in knowing that a decision is best. This modern sport lost it's respect somewere along the way.Hunters are busy in search of the prize. And what is the real prize?

Tone

How easy would it be for a man to put a collar on a hound that was trained to ignore the tone. Never been shocked. Then when he sees him in a large pack that is obviously trained to quit when they hear a tone he just lays down on the tone button on his hound who ignores the sound. The rest of the pack is looking the truck and this hound is long gone on the game......Is he handling his dog..nope, he is handling everyone elses...Lots of ways to cheat with these systems....

Lenny Crowe
I guarantee you this, if you come and get you number to the East Coast Masters this year - you will leave with knowing it was straight up as 6 o'clock...

Then were is the problem? Who started this original post?

Well who ever :question: is, you hit the nail on the head, that's what was reported to us, that this was going on. Toning them off of bays has been going on for a couple of yrs. that's old news, but the problem you are talking about is the hottest new thing.
A man could enter 5 dogs in the hunt that have never been toned, tone them for 3 days and make a lot of dogs quit. (Question thanks) I knew it would eventually hit the board.
Don't for the first minute think this is not happening. Some figured out the advantage on the bays, some found out how to take care of them.

ok. someone said it is going be next impossible to police. and some one said punish us all for the ones you cant catch. What's next? a random test?

This reminds me of the time they had a stud dog man acting foolish on a 4-wheeler catching his dog at a three day hunt. Instead of the pen owners confronting the situation like MEN they made a rule to stop all 4-wheelers except for judges. Low and behold the only person to wipe out on a 4-wheeler to my knowledge was a judge and he possibly was the moh He did a lot of trials there. Laughable!!!!!

So if you have a Astro 320 (that wont shock or tone) Can you have them on during a masters hunt???

PS

The Gyp sold....

Lenny

Heath Howell
It would be funny if it weren't so tragic. Improved technology has given us a way to protect our hounds on the outside and protect the game inside the wire and instead of embracing it we make rules against it. Meanwhile we will not entertain any notion of regulation with regard to use of performance enhancing substances. A move that would save the lives of game in the pens and give us a better chance of preserving the sport.

1 2