​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​

Official Website of the Foxhunters Hall of Fame

Masterfox Message
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Question for Hunters: Please read.

If you had done your homework and had trained your hounds to come to a truck horn or a whistle, etc. would you come and compete in a hunt that only allowed the beep-beep collars like Johnson's Telemetry makes?

Please answer this question and try not to get off on some other issue.

It would also be nice if you posted your name.

Re: Question for Hunters: Please read.

I don't own a beep beep, so I would have to be without any tracker. Doesn't sound like a good solution.

I would depending on location but alot of people want to know if this a pen hunt I'd in the open. My grown hounds will heel to a cow horn once they are worn down after about 8 hours. Or i can make them heel to my cow horn by toning them with a shock collar. But honestly who can make a dog heel 100% of the time without a shock collar ?

Not trying to get off on different subject but I watched David Richburg stop his hounds with a whistle at the end of a (3) hour speed and drive and they was pumpin it to a yote...I guess the more time you put in you'll get out.

Depending on the place I'd not be scared to go with only the telemetry collars. I've used only them and a truck horn most of my life.

yes

No - I turn my hounds loose with Garmin and beep-beep collars on the outside hunts & only Garmin in the pen hunts.

Jeff Brinchek

Yes we owned Garmins for just 1 hunt sold them 2 Hall of Famer (Toby Spuock) haven't use any since to much interference for us been 5 yrs haven't missed having !!!

Yes I would still participate, if it rule and all abiding I got no problem doing it also, I have borrow 217 box, I still got my old collars.
Lenny

THE DOGS YOU ARE TALKING BOUT OF DAVIDS HAD BEEN SHOCKED ALOT TO GET TO DO THAT, BUT HE HAD A GOOD TEACHER ON FEILD TRAILING, HAMMERIN DOWN TAUGHT HIM ALOT

No

NO

No

No. I say don't be scared to punish the cheaters, and stop punishing the honest majority of hunters.
God Bless
Bobby

I say force Garmin to make a training only collar that is compatible with the alpha. If every hunter called them up they MIGHT listen. Problem solved. This wasn't a problem until the alpha. If Garmin made a tracking only collar that was compatible with the Alpha at say 2/3 the price of the tt10 than all that would have to happen is the hunt would have to verify which collar a dog had on. Problem solved. I may be way off base here but the problem began with the Alpha. Why should honest folks not be able to track their dogs because Garmin wants to force people to buy $300 collars when they could just as easily make a tracking only collar for the system?

it's called the Astro

I agree with you. I am just making a point for all the folks that have to keep up with the Jones & upgrade the second Garmin comes up with something new & supposedly better....

Yes. Would go to any hunt that has good running and plenty of judges. BUT!...I agree with Bobby Parkers comments completely. Thanks, Bob Carlson.

NO.....after spending thousands of dollars to acquire an Alpha system, & that being the ONLY TRACKING SYSTEM I own, I would DEFINITELY NOT go to a hunt that did not allow the Garmin system to be used!!

Both the Nationals & Masters currently have RULES IN PLACE to eliminate the problem!! ENFORCE THE RULES!! A person gets caught, BAN them, it would only take a couple times for it to happen,& folks would know the consequence!!

Why punish the majority, for the misdeeds of the few??!!

Shucks, field trials are losing entries as it is,& a lot of them losing money, why do something else to reduce the entries!!

ENFORCEMENT of the REGULATIONS would give more credibility to both the Master's & Nationals Organizations, & thusly MORE folks would attend, entries would increase, & the CHEATERS would be GONE!!! A WIN,WIN for everyone!

Allan Bishop
(Jabber Jaw)

There are many variables in field trialing and hunting in general that you have no control over. Wether you hunt in the pen or on the outside several things can happen to cause your dog(s) to get scratched and most of the time hunters swear their dog didn't do that or never had acted that way. There are things that Happen with large numbers of hounds and hunters at field trials that you may have never seen happen in normal hunting situations. We know these things can happen and I think the toning can be one of those situations. I would bet more times than not it is a careless touch of a button. It seems to me that the main concern here is that someone toning their dog may cause yours to quit. If that is a major concern just do as Lenny said and don't tone break your dogs, use a whistle, or a horn. There is no way to detour someone who has ill intent. As many have stated you shouldn't punish the majority for a few.

I say quit crying and go hunting we use to not have Garmin u can't stop cheating

I would not attend- the only tracker I have is my alpha & I love it! I wasn't raised hunting hounds and while I've owned several I've never been confident in my abilities tracking a dog with a beep beep in unfamiliar country. I usually have 2 little kennel partners with me hunting & I believe investing in an alpha was the best $ I've ever spent because it make catching dogs so much easier & quicker!

yes. and in a pen it wouldnt bother me have nothin on. With hounds like mine its all for fun anyway. and older I get the fun is the time with my buddies and what time we got left in our short lives. Friends, if them ole boys are doin wrong in the hunts,lets try be good examples to them. Maybe they will come around the the good side.