​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​

Official Website of the Foxhunters Hall of Fame

Masterfox Message
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Question for Judges: Please read

If you were asked to judge a hunt and asked to leave your cell phone in your truck during the 5 hours of the event, would you have a problem with doing it?

Please answer this question and try not to get off on other issues.

It would be nice if you could post your name as well.

Re: Question for Judges: Please read

bill, I would not have a problem with that at all. do not think phone should be allow in the pen during the hunt.

I AGREE ON NOT HAVING A PHONE ON DURING THE HUNT.

Would not have a problem with it

I have judged for 37 years and only had my phone with me for one hunt and that was at the request of the master of hounds.
I think no phones is a GREAT IDEA.

I think it's splitting hairs and a silly request. If you don't trust the man enough that you have to request that he leave personal items at home then I/he /she should not be invited in the first place. The judges scores are posted for the world to see and I think that is a great idea. I don't think it keeps judges from cheating as much as it stops hunters from making excuses of why they didn't win. If you are going to be as silly as no phones then you need to stop judges from being local. You need to stop them from being hunt board members, entering hounds , checking roll call sheets and they should use another entrance into the pen to make sure nobody sees a hound and owner together. You cannot legislate morality, a cheater is gonna cheat and a honest man is going to be honest end of story.

THAT IS A GOOD STATEMENT CHIP.

I HAVE ALWAYS SAID THAT THEIR SHOULD BE A POLYGRAPH TO THE WINNER & TO THE JUDGE THAT HAS THE MOST SCORES OR IF YOU DON'T AGREE WITH THAT DRAW THE JUDGES NAME OUT OF A HAT & THAT IS THE ONLY LOGICAL ANSWER TO THAT.THERE IS NOT ONE THING THAT YOU CAN DO THAT WOULD BE BETTER THAN THAT.

I FISH TOURN. ALL THE TIME & WE NEVER HAVE AN ISSUE W/THE TOURNS & IT'S BECAUSE OF THE POLYGRAPH.IF YOU DON'T DO IT THEN ALL THIS DEBATE CRAP WILL ALWAYS BE AN ISSUE PERIOD.ONE OF THESE DAYS THIS WILL FINALLY HAPPEN.

Would not leave my phone in the truck. My family may need me or may have an emergency and that is a heck of a lot more important than judging in a hunt without my phone. Tell your judges that you are not for any reason suppose to talk with a hunter on your phone during the hunt! If you catch them doing it, relieve em of their duties.

WHAT EXACTLY ARE YOU ACCUSING DA JUDGES OF DOIN

Would not turn mine off. Might get in a tight spot and need help, you never know. Communication is not all bad.

I kinda prefer the open book policy..i would like to post the phone number of every judge in the hunt so anyone can call at anytime to see what hounds hes scoring and pass it around..whats the secret? its not going to change the outcome..i would like to see more transparency in 1 day events..huddling up behind doors to figure scores has left the integrity of the sport in question..i think the first question hunters should ask before getting numbers is how are scores going to be totaled and who is doing it and will judges be signing scorecards with times open for viewing.. then you will get less complaining and accusations..if the element of surprise is what you seek,,don't watch em figure..

Yes

It is really sort of insulting to be asked to spend 3 days somewere away from home doing what we love and then be considered a crooked judge.I probably would not rock the boat because that's just how I am.But it is an odd request to ask a friend.

When are you going to realize this sport is like any other? Winning equals money, Do you sit down at a slot machine to lose? Field trialers want to win. A good example of some of your crying would be like requiring Kevin Van Dam to fish from the bank with only hook and line with a minnow attached. You must remember the gap between baby boomers and the internet. This reminds me of the Laff Olympics.

If I'm able to get up in the morning and put on my blue jeans them I'm going to have my phone in one of those front 2 pockets. If I'm going somewhere that I'm not allowed to carry my phone with me then I don't need to be there.

If I(judge) need to find out some info on your(hunter's) dog then I'll do it the night before.

I'm not naive enough to see that cheating doesn't go on at some of our hunts, but I also have enough sense to know that it isn't nearly as bad as people think. I've been to 50 3 days in the last 10 years easily and probably 30 1 days. I've left 1 3-day in Arkansas, 1 3-day in Alabama, 1 3-day in Enon, and 1 1-day in Crane Creek that I felt 99% sure there was something very shady going on.

Hunts can now be reviewed with a simple complaint filed. The major hunts are posting which judges score the high dogs. We need to start giving our judges a little more respect and praise and quit all the *****!ng. Try begging 30 grown men to give up their weekend to come judge your hounds.

Yes, I would have a problem with it!

I may have an emergency judging & need some help!
There may be an emergency at home that needs my immediate attention!

Leaving ones cell phone in the truck, is akin to questioning the integrity of the judge! If a judge can't be trusted to carry his cell phone, then why would he not also be questioned about his judging??

It is hard enough to get judges to judge hunts now, why do or ask something that would give a judge further reason NOT to judge!

If one is asked to judge, then those asking must think the person has integrity, & can be trusted; if not then the person should not be asked to judge period!

I for one, see this action as being harmful, nor helpful in getting judges!

Allan Bishop
(Jabber Jaw)

Allen, your comments made me remember something from the USO in Milton Florida a few years ago:

Judge Bunny Deal either blacked out or was bucked from his horse; He does not remember to this day but it ended up with his heart acting up. After he fell he called me from his cell phone, but due to the fact he was kind of out of it, he could not tell me where he was. After calling all hunters on the CB, Jr. Jones from NC told us where he had seen him about 30 minutes before and that helped judges Jerry Kinker and James Booker to find him. Luckily we got a 4 wheel drive truck to him and out to the road where they loaded him in a rescue squad and to the hospital for a few days. Without the cell phone I would dare guess to what could of happened. Bunny did have an issue with his heart and without the cell phone I do not know how long it would have been till he was found.

Definitely for the judges safety all of them should have a cell phone. Just think in a place like Low Country in Manning, SC, a judge could go all five hours without seeing another judge.

I will have my phone at hunts no phone no Eddie

The way it is going soon we will all be able to watch the hunt displayed on a Huge TV Screen with a gps system downloading real time crossings on all the dogs and adding scores up automatically. It will be like watching a Nascar race...And at the end of the hunt the results are printed out and all collars will automatically start toning and you'll walk in and grab your dog...that would be exciting to watch tho...

If you don't trust me,don't ask me to judges.No phone no judge.