​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​

Official Website of the Foxhunters Hall of Fame

Masterfox Message
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
fleas

Well its time to start fighting the fleas any suggestions would benefit us all thx in advance.

Re: fleas

What I typically do....I switch from permethrin, Bifen (Talstar) and admire. Admire is great but hard on the wallet. Southern states sells a product called TALSTAR, great for fleas and ticks can be sprayed in your kennels. Use ceder chips in your houses by the way because fleas can't stand ceder but they love hay and wheat straw epecially after it gets a little moist. Flea treatmeants have what's called an IGR ( insect groth regulater ) IGR's kill flea eggs/larva and just about every other type of insect eggs/larva. IGRs is what makes Advantix so good. You can get IGR at some feed stores its called MARTINS IGR. They sell it in 1 ounce or 4 ounce bottle. I highly suggest buying it by the 4 oz bottle because 1oz cost $9 or you can buy 4oz for $14. The best way to buy it is by the quart online and the best outdoor brand I could find is ARCHER IGR. . Its about $50 a quart but it really makes your time,money and effort into killing fleas worth while. What I like to do and is suggested by the IGR makers is mix it right in with my pesticides whether it be permithrin, Bifen or Admire and spray the pens. Check out this website they have everything you could ask for about pest control http://www.domyownpestcontrol.com/. Most of this info came from help that I got from Travis Wethington, very usfully information hope it helps you out as well.
Phillip

Bayer tree and shrub. Blue bottle at lowes. I start asap with ground warming up.

I lost two dogs to Bayer tree & shurb one
Was house dog, the other was a 2 year
Walker that had won State hunt and placed
Or won every hunt I took him to. Maybe I used to
Much but I don't play around with stuff for
My dogs any more.

There is a web site professional pest control products, that has everything u will need for pest control. They have the professional grade concentrate of the permithrin as well.The IGR along with the permithrin is the way to go.

This is the website that has everything you need...

http://www.domyownpestcontrol.com