​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​

Official Website of the Foxhunters Hall of Fame

Masterfox Message
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Just my opinion

The last few days I have been reading all these post about field trials and the cheating that takes place. First off you will never stop a cheater. You may stop one way they are cheating, but they will just find another way to cheat. Here is my opinion on the Garmins. They should be turned off before the hunt starts. I have witnessed on more than one time a garmin was the reason a hunt has been won. I have seen people call judges to a certian area to get on a pack of hounds. I have also saw people tell judges these dogs are baying and thats not fair because Joe may not own a garmin and can tell that his dogs are baying. I dont believe any man should have to turn his phone off at a field trial. I am sure not turning mine off. I have more important business to worry about that my come through a phone call. Im not taking the chance of missing an important call because somebody might cheat. As far as toning your dogs yea i own an Alfa. I love it. Have I toned my dogs, yes I have. One im over weight, (my fault no one elses)2 i have had 2 back operations, and it helps to catch my dogs. I cant get around and chase my dogs as well as others. With that being said i spent the money to buy one. you can make all the rules you want they still we be broken. I do agree make people turn them off. Spend more time visiting and less time watching a screen. The more people fight, argue, and cheat the less people are going to hunt. My brother and I went to a hunt last year. There was a man there that should have never judged. He had dogs in the hunt and still judged. Some say this man had our dogs scored good and other said he didnt. All i know is my dog was seen running real good where he was. Now the Master of Hounds did the right thing and threw his scores out. I think that was what should have been done. But here I am all my gas money, entry fees, and my hound running her guts out was for no reason. Once again the MOH did the right thing but because this man cheated I got the shaft. Because of this my brother has not hunted a day sense. I quit for a while. Some days between people cheating and a crazy pen owner Im about ready to give it up again, but this time for good.

Re: Just my opinion

I have seen a well known successful field trial man use the CB radio along with old beeper collars to tell a judge were his dog was 25 years ago.This is a fact! And this stuf will go on forever.

You're not the only one bud.
Exactly.

The second sentence says it all.......

"YOU WILL NEVER STOP A CHEATER"!!

I enjoy Master's Hunts, but at the rate of rule changes, & forcing the masses to change, because of the actions of a few...is WRONG!!

Punish the one that's wrong, or cheating, or not adhering to the rules, not the majority that tries to do right!

If you don't believe it....look at the Federal Government.....a classic example!

Next thing we know...it will "Master's Obamacare Rules"!! LOL!!
Couldn't resist, but seriously, don't punish ALL for the actions of a FEW!!

Allan Bishop
(Jabber Jaw)

My opinion on entry fees may be hard to hear.But I think entry fees should be raised.There is a time coming when pens will be so regulated over quantity of hounds and game ratio that something will have to be done. Less but better hounds will be a valuable turn in field trials. People will be forced to cull and feed thier best. I realize this is not a widely held idea.Just my opinion.

Do not be stuiped be a man and take it like a man be honesty all cheaters are sissys or fagets

ALL THE CHANGES YOU WANT GUYS.A POLYGRAPH IS ONLY ABOUT $135-$150 FOR ONE.ADD THE COST OF THE TEST TO THE HUNT.PENDING ON HOW MANY DOGS AT THE HUNT IS HOW MUCH EXTRA IT WOULD COST THE HUNTER.I'D GLADLY PAY A LIL MORE TO GET A GOOD HUNT.

DO IT OR KEEP FUSING.

Why a polygraph? Put an entrant with a judge. Simple solution. Wait. I forgot. They know each other and cannot be trusted. Put two with the judge. That Polaris the judge is providing should hold all of them. Unbelievable.

No disrespect intended but polygraphs are a joke. Represented folks that could prove them unreliable by their own admission.

POLYGRAPHS HAVE WORKED IN THE FISHING WORLD FOR YEARS.YET IT MAY NOT BE 100%,IT IS THE ONLY OPTION THAT IS 99% TRUE.WHY IN THE HELL WOULD YOU NOT DO IT.THE COMPUTER HAS BLOWN UP THE PAST WEEK W/PEOPLE TRYING TO FIX IT.TRY IT FOR A YEAR & SEE HOW THAT GOES.

YOU ONLY ASK SIMPLE ?..

THING TO ASK:
1)DID YOU CHEAT TO WIN THIS FIELD TRIAL?
2)HAVE YOU EVER CHEATED TO WIN A FIELD TRIAL?
3)DO YOU USE (PED)TO WIN THIS FIELD TRIAL ETC...?

THINGS NOT TO ASK:
1)HAVE YOU EVER CHEATED ON YOUR TAXES?
2)HAVE YOU EVER CHEATED ON YOUR WIFE ETC...?

I THINK IT IS HANDS DOWN THE BEST OPTION TO CUT IT OUT & ANYBODY THAT IS SCARED TO TAKE ONE HAS PROBABLY FELL IN THE LINES OF SOME OF THE QUESTIONS ABOVE.WHAT EVER,IM GONNA GO TO HUNTS WEATHER THEY DO SOMETHING DIFFERENT OR NOT.THERE ARE PLACES THAT I HAVE BEEN BEFORE THAT I WANT BE GOING BACK,BUT THERE ARE STILL A LOT OF GOOD HUNTERS & PENS OUT THERE WITH GOOD REPUTATIONS THAT WANT TO PICK THE RITE HOUND AT A FIELD TRIAL.IF US AS HUNTERS WOULD EXPOSE THESE PEOPLE ON THE INTERNET & POST OUR NAMES & MEAN WHAT WE SAY,IT WOULD HELP.THE MAIN THING IS,SOME PLACES THAT ARE DOING THINGS WRONG & STILL GET SUPPORT.IF PEOPLE ARE DOING THINGS LIKE THIS & KEEP GETTING SUPPORTED IT'S OUR FAULT.THERE ARE PLENTY OF GOOD HUNTS TO GO TO.SUPPORT THE ONES THAT TREAT YOU RITE.

When I was a younger, men acted different. The bad guys kept quiet and men like Marvin Odell kept the other heads level. Leaders will take an organization in two directions. Wrong and right. The last 20 years the wrong direction. To many chiefs trying be at the top.

Some little man must beat a big shot at one of t here hunt stop crying

I THINK YOU SHOULD REMOVE EVERY THING EXCEPT OWNERS ID COLLAR. Then hunters will help each other catch their hounds like days of old .I was at a national hunt years ago and their was talk about outlawing tracking collar because only one hunter had them. THINK ABOUT IT .

THIS WILL ALWAYS BE A SUBJECT UNTIL THE POLYGRAPH HAPPENS.WHY WOULD YOU WANT TO POLYGRAPH SOMEBODY THAT DIDN'T EVEN PLACE?THAT MAKE S ABSOLUTELY NO SINCE AT ALL.THE GUY THAT SAID THAT THIS IS BEATING A DEAD HORSE,IT'S NO DOUT.

NOT ONLY WOULD THE POLYGRAPH FIX HUNTS IT WOULD START FIXING THE BREEDING OF DOGS TO.YOU WOULD START BREEDING TO REAL WINNERS.LIKE I SAID,IM A NOBODY THAT LOVES TO HUNT & COMPETE & I WANT TO COMPETE AGAINST THE BEST DOGS THERE.YOU DON'T HAVE TO HAVE A LOT OF MONEY OR A BIG KNOWN GUY TO HAVE A GOOD DOG.THAT IS THE ONLY WAY POSSIBLE OF FIXING ANY CHEATING.(PERIOD)

probably is a problem with the collars. i take the leadership's word on it. just having a hard time with the way it will be delt with.What M.O.H.
is looking foreword to this new responsibility? Dont see much happening. Dont see a big hunt going out on a limb to expel a hunter in disgrace with word of mouth or just two mens word aginst one when they all three got something at stake.Collars are problems, true enough.i bet thats a fact.but just how mad would you be if you get accused of it and not guilty?

THANK YOU LAWYER.IM NOT AS EDUCATED AS YOU ARE.I AM SMART ENOUGH TO KNOW EVEN AT A 70% ACCURACY RATIO IS A HELL OF ALOT BETTER THAN WHAT IS IN PLACE NOW.IT HAS WORKED IN THE FISHING TOURN.FOR YEARS .

I PERSONALLY DON'T GIVE A RATS ASS IF THEY DO ANYTHING ABOUT IT.I'M GOING TO HUNT REGARDLESS.I WILL ALWAYS HUNT & SUPPORT THE PEOPLE THAT I FEEL THAT ARE HONEST.THE PROBLEM HERE IS THERE IS NO SOLUTION,CAUSE WHEN YOU TRY TO HELP OR GIVE AN OPINION TO HELP THERE IS ALWAYS A IDIOT LIKE A LAWYER THAT HAS TO DISAGREE.SO YOU KNOW WHO I AM & EVERYBODY ELSE THAT READS THIS POST DOES.YOU WOULD MAKE A GOOD DETECTIVE ALSO,CAUSE NOBODY WOULD EVER KNOW WHO YOU ARE.

HOW ACCURATE IS THE SYSTEM IN PLACE NOW.YOU ARE ONLY RUNNING AT THE MERCY OF ANOTHER MAN & THAT'S OK W/ME.WE HAVE ALL BEEN TO TRIALS WHERE THEY WERE SHADY & FLAT OUT CROOKED,BUT I JUST DON'T GO BACK & SUPPORT EM ANYMORE.

THAT IS MY OPINION.(THAT'S A FACT JACK)

polygraph will not work because of the lack of accuracy. that's why they don't hold up in court not to mention several will not submit to getting to that level. when the numbers go down the problem will have to be dealt with permantely and not just toyed with. the only reason this cancer to the sport is still being allowed is some that have the influence barked a little and the compromise began. this was not intended fellows. this tool can not be stopped if its not completely banned. you will never stop folks parking around or near the pen out of site to monitor their hounds on screen. first big hunt on the last day and they ball up in a wood pile to bay them tones are gonna go off with 25 hounds present and good luck picking the culprit. some have come up with toning non broke hounds to eliminate competition. that's pretty smart. do you really think these same folks will be in sight for you to witness them altering the running ? its a no win situation so put integrity FIRST. that's what our forefathers would have done !!!!

Field trials are in enclosures anyway aren't they? They will be gathered up after the hunt is called. That's what we used to do. All hounds should wear at trials is their collar, nametag, and a number painted on their side.