​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​

Official Website of the Foxhunters Hall of Fame

Masterfox Message
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Thanks SFSB Staff

I have not done any business with the SFSB for several years and have only ever had a few Horn registered hounds.
I mailed in a "Chase" pedigree Monday to be brought up in the Horn and got a call on Wednesday saying the research was done and the fee they calculated was $58 less than what I sent them. Getting the hound registered was faster, easier, and cheaper than I could have imagined and I knew they had a reputation for doing good work. I never have believed in dual registering hounds but I do love to see the pedigrees in the back of the book. I will surely switch a few more over to Horn papers in the future and just wanted to thank the folks who work there for the great service.

Re: Thanks SFSB Staff

Heath
I posted a comment the other day about the high cost of bringing a chase female up in the SFSB but I never did get any real answer on how to figure the cost of this. It was probably the way I asked but I did call and asked them and the lady said that they charge for every dog in the history that had to be brought up so my statement was I had a female that three fourths SFSB and one fourth Chase and the cost was 99 dollars so does this mean that if all the pedigree was Chase would it cost 400 or is there a cap on this.

The cap is $150. If you have a Chase registered hound that has no Horn registered hounds in the entire pedigree it only costs $150 to litter enroll and register all the hounds in the pedigree. Then you would have to pay the standard registration fee for a 3, 4, or 5 generation pedigree.
In my case there were only 8 hounds in the pedigree that had not been Horn registered and the cost was $10 for each of the 8 hounds plus the standard registration fee.

Thanks that sounds a lot better

And it could change any day, if one of the 8 that heath just brought up is in your pedigree, then it's done for you now. I called to check on some hounds last week that the owner of the sire did not horn register thinking I was going to have to fork out some money. But luckily Haskell had already registered some similar bred hounds and I didn't have to bring any hounds up.