​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​

Official Website of the Foxhunters Hall of Fame

Masterfox Message
Start a New Topic 
1 2
Author
Comment
Dog Jockey

Who is the biggest dog jockey in Louisiana ,Arkansas, Mississippi?

Re: Dog Jockey

Marshall(the brother), Bob Jenkins, Runt Kidd, jj Meeks in Arkansas anyways.

Troy stark Richard day David charisma Joe machine Kenny Kidd Stephen morrison

All of garland county thats in Arkansas put a steel dishpan oven your azz you need it

Troy stark doesn't trade dogs anymore he seen the light

My take is Runt K.topping all

Good or bad

Jimmy Dale Harper Todd Noles

What is the price range for an A-1 fox hound that is 100% guaranteed ? And what is the most anyone ever heard paid for one?

Runt wouldn't get a man on a dog deal would he

What you talking about,he's slicker that a greased owl.

I guess the dog did what he said it would do

He is a Coward.

U crybabies kill me u try to stick the dog traders with yalls culls and when they stick yall u guys cry but I would like to no what kind of gun did the dog traders stick to ur head yea thought so try to stick them next time.

nobody gona sell a good dog. a good breeder kills culls and dont put them on the young hunters. But most young hunters been took before.Live and learn.

A. 357 mag

Im not sure who is best now but I do know who the best I ever saw was. Fred Lowery from Harrison, Ar was the slickest I've ever seen. He was something to watch. He has been gone a few years now. Not the same without him..

Cleburne Ford from Dover Arkansas he was good at it

Coach, wonder if the Mr. Lowery you were talking about ever owned the good producing female named Lowery's Crowe?

I bought a dog from Mr. Runt Kidd last year and she was a good gyp. She was just what he said and I thought the dog was well worth what I paid for her.

Some more old timers, mr. Frank Boser Tx. Mr. Tom Tonstile Tx. Fine old gentleman but would put your eyes out.Anorher man from west Monroe was a slick trader Also last name Wright I think.what about Dale Sharp Jena area.

Chuck, It was a different Lowery. May have been a little relation. I had some good hounds with her in pedigree. There is a guy in the Berryville - Green Forest Ar area that may be who you are thinking about.

Cleburne was a good trader but I still think Freddy had him bested... I have seen him just completely take a guys britches off and in two weeks or less the same guy would come back for more. Never saw anything like it. He just had a way of making people like him and he could have traded the Devil a propane torch and convinced him he needed it to start a fire....

R.C. Crumption was the best dog jockey in arkansas

I sure do miss
R C Crumpton he had as many trades as any that I had seen

Dan Cagle birdtown Arkansas they called him doctor Dan the blue ribbon man

The first time I meet Mr. Dan was about 40 yrs ago.we were at a hunt he had his stake chain full of dogs.on one end of his chain he had a big chuckle headed blue leopard dog with a glass eye, to me he looked like a cur dog so i ask mr Dan if that was a cow or a hog dog, never will forget what he said,son that is a wolf dog and a good one.(July)

Used to go to dog trades at Cagle's. Have been there when him, Freddy, Richard Day and many more were there... Was kinda fun to watch and listen. I miss those days. Not even enough hunters left in our area to have a trade day. Its sad that no young guys are interested.

I don't get on her much but this talk about
dog jockeys brings back fond memories
of the good times when there was lots of
hunters in Texas. Y'all mentioned Frank
Bosha but you have to include Bill Barrett,
Leroy Goodson and Mr. Kelsey. These 4
Men put a lot of people in the dog business
Whether they want to admit it or not!

I forgot about R L Baldridge from St Landry La. He was a good one . Couldn't wait for him to get back from ark with a load of good ones .some were and a bunch were not but that didn't stop us from running over one another to get there first and try to get the best ones.lits of good memories.

Richard day would,nt make up something would he

I agree with Caveman R.C.(Snuffy)Crumpton was as good as they come and i miss him dearly he was a fine man!!!!!!!

We have rookie at it now kyle pruitt of plumerville arkansas

Jimmy Brasher must be the best I know of. One night Reddot had a dog dominating the race (somehow) Brasher convinced him
That he had just traded for that dog and traded him out of the dog that was dominating the race! Haha

What about MS? Who's the best

James Edwards- when you get done dealin with him just remember Jesus Loves You!

Dale Breland is pretty slick ( that's why they call him hawk eye)

Jesse Clark holton lofton

Don't forget the ladners OV and Kyle pretty slick down this way

Most of you guys in Mississippi won't remember him but the older fox hunters from the outside days will. W.F. Easterling from Collins ms was the one everybody went too to get rid of there culls and trade for someone else's. RIP.

What about old cigar chewing F A. Calcote from bunkie La. He was A good one. He advertized Delta Guy Rowden at stud at one time. Hounds,Beagles,and horses he had it all.

Sidney Brock was one of my favorites . Had a dog named Watervalley Outlaw . RIP !

Wait until Deer season business will pick up especially in ark.

Got to remember all these in North Louisana,Lewis Buckans,Papa Jack Watson,Fred Staples,Nut Norris,Wimpy Masters,and Cotton Plunket.They could stick you and make you like it !!! Professionals.All these old fox hunters are gone now miss them so much ,what I would give to have a clear night sittin around a fire listening to a pack run ,with all of these again! Papa Jack Watson was my grandpaw the one that raised me and instilled in the the love of fox huntin.The smartest man I've ever known.

Paul Frasier is 100% one!

Old Paul is what you call a souped up dog jockey,he and Runt probably top the up to date list!!!

Paul is # 1 he ain't right

You can be a dog jockey and still be honest can't you? I read on hear all the time going out of business for one reason or another and in no time this same person has more dogs.what foes that make them?

Don't leave out ol Brian Waltman .. I got skint and think a few more has he is younger generation hopes he fits the part .

To name a few more serious jockeys to the list..lets start with Benny Walley!! Dennis lamey, Brandon Pritchard , Terry Walley, and last but not least Travis Provost!! THEY CAN PUT U IN THE WINNING CIRCLE...

Travis Caskey sure enjoyed your post on those in N. La. Just wanted to add a few more to the list from days gone bye. Carl Dude Smith , Nub Allexander, George Malone, and George Roberts. Back in the old days it was a treat and a big show to hunt with or be around these men. Hunted a many night with Dude Smith, Chester Norris, Nub Alexander, Fred Staples. Sure miss all of them and the good times we had together.

1 2