​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​

Official Website of the Foxhunters Hall of Fame

Masterfox Message
Start a New Topic 
1 2
Author
Comment
Re: Dog Jockey

Anybody that post sale items and stud dogs on the message board and not the classifieds is a first class dog jockey. And one or two guys promote themselves and do it monthly.

What about David Bates I heard he was a dog jockey!!!

In Mississippi I would have to say Jacki sumerall and Ronnie blount. Louisiana lane wheat and Randy watts.

Barry Frasier by far lol

He doesn't fox hunt anymore or have hounds but when he did I'd have to say Ronnie Williams from pineville ,La was the biggest dog jockey. If you had a hound Ronnie wanted he would talk you out of him & trade you a good papered cull in heart beat! Lol I can remember when I was kid he would keep 6 to 7 brood gyps at Ivy Mcdanials in magnolia , ms to be breed to sharkey's Bronson. He would roll them pups all day long for 400.00 to 500.00 dollars. Poor ol Chester Tyler & Leo Shelton would buy them fast as Ronnie could raise them. He was the most skillful I ever met at laying it on hunter about hound ability. He skint Freddy & David Maurtiz many Friday night selling them a hound at maple pond . They always came back for more. I had some good times hunting with him. But when Ronnie quit he quit doesn't own a walker hound anymore .

Bubba Powell is getting off to a good start.

Ain't nothing wrong with a good dog trade if that's what you like doing, I'd much rather sell though. I'd have to say JJ Meeks has probably got more folks than anybody I know. Been to trade days were people cuss JJ before he gets there but as soon he pulls up they're trading with him. He has gotten all of garland county and all surrounding counties.

Y'all have left out the most skill full man in all three states,not saying he's dishonest but he could sell you a can of gas and a match to lite it with while your setting in the middle of a dry cotton patch. ( The Honorable Mr. Paul West )

I DONT KNOW IF YOU WOULD CALL HIM A DOG JOCKEY OR A CROOK BUT BRIAN WALTMAN HOLDS THE TITLE IN MS. HE COULD VERY WELL BE A HYBRID OF THE TWO.

J.j Meeks runt Kidd Jimmy Harper are deadly as a spitting cobra come to trading

Lets not leave out Johnny bratton and Jerry harwick or Bob rhea

Ricky Bates wade bass big skinny ill skinny Carl keller Sam roberson

Old pink eyes got busted

The best is Lester(shorty) Thomas. Better known as the little brother. He can get them for you

Beware of a man in Quitman, AR by the name of Larry Freeman he sells the highest priced culls in the tri-state area

Gene Cantrell from Chalmette LA and Hew L Cooper from Gulfport MS could hang with the best of them. Gene's favorite line was I can't make money trading money I just gave 5 for him I'll take 7. Cooper's favorite line, lets see what you got ole buddy. R.I.P.

Pink Eyes: Bob Rea probably hasn't made a dog trade in 4-5 yrs unless you count the times he and his ole buddy Jackson have swapped back and forth. Probably been few years since he sold any. Not enough people with dogs around here anymore to trade. I still say in Arkansas Freddy Lowery was as good as there ever was. Lots of you Garland county guys should know that. He used to go to Ricky Bates' every couple weeks. I miss ole Fred.

Coach mc I used to love to go to cagles trade day when the old timers used to come

It was something to watch.. I miss those days. Not enough hunters to have those now. There was always a big crowd at Cagle's..

does anyone remember Billy Ray Johnson or Dave McKinney Talk about dog traders

Kyle Hinton was nt a slouth for a young man pretty slick.

Odell Rainey casa ark he passed away good man

I know larry freeman been their before

Larry Freeman he will lie but you boys from Mississippi will go back to him

IF YOU WANT TO KNOW WHO WILL LIE,GO TO THE PEOPLE IN THE COMMUNITY,ASK THEM

I guess you got dog jockeys and lying dog jockeys!!!The good ones are like a magnet they will draw you in and get you every time. Funny thing most will keep going back for more.

I used to love trading with Leroy Goodson. But can't believe nobody mentioned Joe Tiner r Charles Taylor

Is Mr. Charles Taylor still living ? Taylor's Osage in a lot of Ped. Today,

LMBO Ole Blue Eyes just got busted and ratted on his accomplice

Kenneth and Tut Davis Dave Mckinney Marshall Lewis Mutt Campo Bo Stevens Charles Taylor Joe Tinor Runt Kidd Kenny Kidd Gary Kidd Bob Jenkins JJ Meeks Steven Morrison Danny Dowies about half the hunters in Mississippi and half in Louisiana also and yes I left alot of people out

Outsider looking in You need to remove your email address mam. You got busted

No biggie. Just commenting on earlier post. I was accused of posting on this subject for someone else. Just wanted to let them know that I found out who Blue Eyes is. Thanks though

Still got ur e mail

What about moe Haney he was pretty good

Cotton Lowe,Greg Perry, Tyson Stokes,Mark Morrison,Lawrence Mosley,Preston Moses,all these guys would and will let you have a good one.if you don't beleave it ask Tyson,

BTT

Deer season getting close want be long until the dog jockeys will emerge !!!

Yes, Charles Taylor is still living. He is my father

Ms Nina if you would post a number I would love to talk to Mr Charles.337-842-4806

Danny Dowies - My Dad is 81 years old and would love to talk. His eyes are bad now so I have been reading these comments to him. His mind is as solid as Taylor's Osage pedigree. We just took a trip to Tennessee to Heard Ridge where my dad was born. We've been researching the history of Tennessee Lead. Taylors Osage traces back in his geology twice to Tennessee Lead.

Danny Dowies - Charles's number 940-393-2728 or 940-627-3385

It's time for the deer dog jockeys to let us have some good ones,can't wait.

1 2