​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​

Official Website of the Foxhunters Hall of Fame

Masterfox Message
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
doberman pinscher

Thinking about getting a doberman for inside the house. Do they make good house dogs? Will it "protect" my wife if need be when I'm working nights? Thanks, any advice appreciated and info on experiences with doberman's.

Jay

Re: doberman pinscher

Best inside dog there is to protect my great papaw had them in side and out my whole family has had them I got one in my house now to protect and two out I'm my yard there's not to many people that will just jump out at my house

Just got one two weeks ago for inside our house. Hands down smartest dog I have ever been associated with!!!!

Kayla or Jason, do you recommend getting it professionally trained?

I don't think it's necessary if you only want basic commands. Our pup is only 9 weeks and it took him no time to sit on command, shake & lay down. Go on you tube and search doberman following commands. That guy self taught that dog...

Your post stirred old memories, I had a pincher that was as obedient as my children actually more obedient. He was as protective over my children as me and their mother. Wasn't a biter but wouldn't let anyone come around house if we were away. He died at a young age 6 or 7 due to a spinal cord issue, that as I understand is a problem in the breed. The most obedient and protective dog I've ever seen or owned.
Mike

If u keep it locked up in a room when some one comes over it will protect just let it be around ur family and and friends that come over often people u don't know about just put it in a room till the person leaves

10 4 i appreciate it y'all, might have to find a breeder soon.