​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​

Official Website of the Foxhunters Hall of Fame

Masterfox Message
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Olinger Dye - Gone but not Forgotten

Just opened an email from Danny Dye informing me that his uncle Olinger Dye passed away Sunday at the age of 92.

Many of you may never have heard of Mr. Olinger, but I am sure others will remember him till the day they die. I remember him from the 80s and 90s as a staple judging field trials down in the Laurinburg area from the NC State to the Futrity & Nationals to the USO. I never seen an older gentleman get through the woods like he could and cover hounds at his age back then.

Some people called him Mr. "O", but I always knew him as Mr. Olinger. I will treasure the Northern Virginia about 7 or 8 years ago that the Mastin's got me to master, helping judge that hunt was Mr. Olinger. Father time had taken its toll on him but man he had memories of the Laurinburg hunts that I enjoyed hearing him tell of. I also learned alot about the Virginia hunts like their state hunt that I never knew anything about. I thank GOD that I had that opportunity.

Condolences to Danny and the whole Dye family. Hopefully some of you hunters and old judges that knew Olinger can tell us more about the man.

Sincerely,

Jeff Brinchek