​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​

Official Website of the Foxhunters Hall of Fame

Masterfox Message
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Garmin Collar along w/Beep-Beep Collar

I still run my beep-beep collars as a back-up for the Garmin collars for several reasons and was wondering how many others do the same ?

Re: Garmin Collar along w/Beep-Beep Collar

We still run both when we run outside because of the short battery life of the Garmin . Jim Eastman

I still run both when im running on the outside, but with the new long range magnetic antenna I am alot more confident in the Garmin. IF a dog gets in a bad spot with the alpha and i can still communicate with the collar i will change the update time to 2 minutes so the battery will last longer. I dont think you have that option with an Astro.

Eastman Kennels / American Fox Hunting Supplies / Jim and Jimmy Eastman / Loranger , La. - 985-345-6543 , La.
We still run both when we run outside because of the short battery life of the Garmin . Jim Eastman

The range is the biggest reason I run a beep/beep along with the Garmin. I have never been able to get the range out of my Garmin collars that some people claim and to stay connected to my Astro 320 like I would like. JMO

Alpha,- short range, short battery life, somewhat unreliable (shuts off or freezes up) but I love it, don't want to hunt without it.
Beep beep,- long range, lonnnng battery life, very reliable, Refuse to hunt without it.