​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​

Official Website of the Foxhunters Hall of Fame

Masterfox Message
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
albon vs corid

Albon is a little harder to come by. Corid is sold at the feed store. Just wanting to hear opinions.

Re: albon vs corid

Mr. John, I don't have time to read the posts that often, but I am interested in your post. I have never used corid on dogs, but have with calves, and with good success. I use the old recipe for homemade albon on my puppies and it works great, or has in the past. Let me know how the corid works, if you go that route and the dosage for pups. Thanks

What is your homemade albon recipe. I started the corid but the dosages are vague if you are giving it directly and not with a gallon of water.

Dyne and sulmet, 60-40

corid will kill cocidia but cant remember the dosage , sulfiadimentox sold out of Jeffers is the best for cocidia, its what albon is made of a lot stronger than albon and works a lot faster sometimes overnite ! I believe sour feed has a lot to do with cocidia

I read 1cc per 5 pounds of weight in one gallon of water. So I've been giving 1/2 cc down the throat. It's been 3 days and the diariah is gone. I came home from a 3 day with someone else taking care of my hounds and one pup was dead another was in bad shape and died before I could get him medicine. The 4 that are alive only showed the diahriah symptom but no others.

I would invest in a bottle of sulfidimentox If I raised pups trust me it works faster and better than anything else I have seen , I have had about everything there is in my pens and this stuff really works, they will have a hard turd the next morn, half a cc down the throat its really nasty to them but it will solve the problem of cocidia

Brian,
HOw much do you give and how do you adminster?
my calculation has 1cc per 16lbs the first day, half after that.
do you give orally or under the skin?

John, I used the Corid this year on some pups. I didn't have any die. I mixed about a tablespoon of Corid in a gallon jugg of water and gave them 2ccs a day along with about 36 ccs of pedialite down their throat to keep them from getting dehydrated. Good luck

IF THEY GET COCSIDIA WE HAVE BEEN USEING A PILL CALLED PRIMOR 240 MG WORKS MIRICALS IF THEY HAVE COCSIDIA

Brian I'm defiantly going to get some the next time I raise pups. It was one of those it slipped my mind deals and the corid was available that day.

I cant remember how much corid to a gallon of water, DR Yoemans a vet that was real good at what he did put my puyps on corid and sulfidiementox didn't last but a day after that it killed it , but I do remember he told me to not add anymore water to the water bucket to make them drink every ounce of the water with corid ! and he said cocidia cannot be killed it will stay in the pen for a long time , said don't leave wet feed in there when there thru remove whats left , I have never had it sense been 25 years ago but I do keep a fresh bottle of dimenthox always.

Ammonia kills coccidia. Bleach will not...but ammonia does... I mix 50/50 in a gallon sprayer and spray the pens and dog houses and let sit for 20 min then wash out good.

Brian, is the product called sulfidimentox a drug that has to purchased from a licensed veterinarian or call you purchase it from a mail order company or at the local feed store (Rural King or Tractor Supply)? Where can I buy a bottle of sulfidimentox? Thanks.

Most vets will sell a qt of Albion for around 100.00. If you use it right it last a long time. I have found a lot of my problems with loose bowels is water. If I don't use Clorox or chlorine tablets in summer time , I have problems that look like something bad but I don't have to use Albion to cure it, put about I tablespoon Clorox in 5 gal water. Vet told me Clorox will cure parvovirus if you catch it in early stages.

revival animal health carries it just goggle them

hunters, I have a pint of the Corid solution. Can I give small hound puppies a small amount (1 cc) of this directly (like squirting Corid down their throats)? MUST I mix with water and give them a small amount? I have the liquid formulation and not the granule or powder formulation. Can I give it straight like I would the Albon product?

Jackie, can you purchase Pedialite at a local Kroger store? A pharmacy? Feed store? I have never purchased any of this product.

you can buy pedialyte at most grocery stores or pharmacies.its in the baby section

I wouldn't. Corid is pretty strong which is why it has to be diluted with water...could burn their kidneys up. I've heard of people doing it. ..but I'm not willing to risk a pup or litter to it. Specially when diluting with water does great.

Alexis, I could mix the Corid with water and the Pedialite product at the rate that someone above advised and this should be good to be used as a PREVENTATIVE and not as a cure. One hunter advised so many cc's of Corid in one gallon of water and so many cc's of Pedialite added to the Corid and the gallon of water. what do you think of this combination to use on hound puppies that are, let's say 21 days old???? Alexis, read what Jackie had to say in a post previously on this subject.

Chuck, I did 12ml corrid to 5gal of water. I use a large poulty watering bucket because its harder on them to get their feet in it, and when they do it's easy to clean the trough part and the rest of the water stays clean. That's a "preventive" from what I've read you can double that dose for 5 days to treat for cocidia.

Steve, thanks for that hard advice. that is what I was seeking.

Me and my dad raise quite a few puppies every year and we can not raise puppies without keeping corrid in their water till they are about 5 months old.i start giving it to them in calf milk replacer when they're 2 weeks or so old.we have a farm.I so I think coccidious is on us when we feed.a vet told me it would take 10 times recommended dose to hurt dogs.