​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​

Official Website of the Foxhunters Hall of Fame

Masterfox Message
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Georgia Hunters and Kennels

1) This is referred to Georgia hunters and pen owners. For 2015, I would like to see an official schedule for hunts, instead of last minute. I believe a hunt schedule will not only benefit those who work, but those who come from other states. Last minute scheduling will surely hurt your chances to get the max out of your hunts. Everyone needs to come together and put Georgia on the map.

2) What ever happened to trophy hunts? I remember long ago, I use to see friends and family coming home with a 4 ft. Tall trophy. Granted, I know you cant buy feed with a trophy, but a trophy has symbolism to hard work you put into your hound(s) and kennel. Its really beome a money game, not yet distasteful.

3) What about a Georgia Field Trial Board of Commissioners. If you are one of the pen leasers/owners, you should be part of the board. Let board member over see points systems, disciplinary for those who "steal or cheat" and etc. Put together a yearly meeting like EXAMPLE "DUCK UNLIMITED" does.

In conclusion, this was nothing more than me trying to send out some ideas for the better. Please no negative comments, kids do read these, but comments are expected.

Thanks,

Stay strong, hunt fast!

Re: Georgia Hunters and Kennels

The thing about owning a pen is everybody complains. Nothin.g is right for the next man . Nobody didnt want trophies everybody wanted dog food. Hunters act like kids when they don't get there way.I actually know two hunters tht will throw a fitlikr a kid if they call for numbers an don't get the one they want. ..Why can't hunter stop complaining. Its really rediculious. Just go hunting an have fun an quitt wineing

Yeah!!! What he tried to spell^^^^^^

Will never happen.
We have a dying sport, not trying to be negative , loosing more dog runner's than gaining.

How about posting the hunts? I agree with this. And dog feed to winners makes it worth while!

I don't know where everyone got the idea to make your hobby "worthwhile" to your wallet! I don't know how many other hunters have ventured to other hobbies but I haven't found one that paid very well..... I do it for the love of the chase, competition, and well just being around great people. I will agree that some things could be improved upon, but I will also agree with many others, that what has killed this sport is greed (money,dog food= money, etc.)

Well said Chase!

What hunts in Ga aren't getting posted? Seems like they get put out there about the same time as any other state. And why not a trophy and dog food. Trophies aren't that expensive but when you look at it, it reminds you of that time. I get why not at a one day. But a three day with $65 entry and $15 membership can spring for it.

Lots of hunts aren't posted until the week or two before!!! Someone had to ask about dates for north Georgia 3day... I don't believe the 3day was ever posted I mite be wrong but when we looked it up on masterfox it only had north ga 1 day from earlier sebof us don't have chase magazine and have time to sit down and read it cause we work we are not retired and can do watever not trying to start anything but early posting of hunts would be greatly appreciated...

Besides that one hunt, have there been others? I'm not trying to be a jack wagon. Just hoping that we haven't missed anything.

Don't have time to make a list but there are others... All we ask is a line up of hunts mrs Amy with tenn. state already give the dates for their hunt a year in advance... If you want the sport to stay alive and have more folks involved this is how you do it. Nice seeing different hounds placing and winning better than it used to be but I'd rather beat 600 hounds than 200 it's common sense to post all hunts so you can have more entries with the working man being prepared.. From what some of us understand yal already know most of the hunt dates so post them a line up not spread out some don't get on here all the time give the post a certain name that way hunters can go back and look!!

They should not post any hunts until ya'll learn to post your names!!!

Hunt adds are in the chase and hunters horn magazines. That might be old school getting info from a magazine but that is how I get my info on hunts. With that said it would be nice if a pen has there year planned out could post at beginning of year on computer.

I agree Mark. On speeddogs there is a calendar on the home page that was once used for this and I don't think it got much use. A lot of hunts get posted but if the FHA doesn't have a secretary or board member well versed in this message board it is gone in a couple days. And I would sure hate to see some of these no name posters cry if someone makes a typo....