Official Website of the Foxhunters Hall of Fame

Masterfox Message
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Breeding question

Will it hurt to breed son back to his mom are that to cloose

Re: Breeding question

Can't really answer your question but have some bred like that that are right at 10-12 weeks old. Mom has always thrown good pups and dad is quiet fast. Pups run with our feist/jack russel mix in the yard and they're keeping up with him and he's almost 2 and lightning fast.

Thats just line breeding. If you have something you like then breeding close is the only way to keep it. You increase your chances to get the good traits but also increase your chances to get bad traits as well.. For instance a curl tail.... right Dean.... ha

I have had better luck father to daughter than son to mother they just didn't seem to be as smart.

Coach Mc all them curl tails that you cull out just send them to South Mississippi....we're kinda fond of em!

I can probably do that... I have some pups now that will be a yr old in December that are out of half mates. They are doing good and I like them. Have some younger ones born in early August that are out of a cross that would be the same as a neice bred to uncle and some early September pups that are from the same as cousins.. I'll find out soon if they are any good or crazy..