​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​

Official Website of the Foxhunters Hall of Fame

Masterfox Message
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
The Louisiana Sportsmen's Alliance 2014 Fall Banquet

The Louisiana Sportsmen's Alliance{LSA} is having its annual banquet on November 13th at the Winnfield Fair Grounds in Winnfield, La. The Public is invited. Activities start at 6pm. Tickets are on sale now or they can be purchased at the door. Tickets are $10.00 and include raffles for bullet jewelry, a Browning safari 30.06 deer rifle with a leupold scope valued at $2200.00, a $10,000.00 dollar raffle give away will be awarded to one lucky winner. Ticket's for the $10,000.00 dollar are $100.00 dollars. Only 300 to be sold, so get your tickets as they are going fast. Also numerous door prizes will be given away threw out the night. Membership in the LSA is $40.00 a year and will be available at the banquet. LSA is a hunter/sportsmen organization. Its motto is "Protecting Our Heritage". LSA is about preserving and protecting our hunting traditions in Louisiana including all sporting dog hunting. LSA is nonprofit organization that has no paid staff. Its run by volunteer hunters for hunters and hunting. Anyone who wants to " Protect Our Heritage" all forms of hunting is invited and encouraged to join LSA"

Leroy Husser 318-448-0940

Mike Martin 318-990-1322

for more info , see the website at
Louisianasportsmensalliance.net

Re: The Louisiana Sportsmen's Alliance 2014 Fall Banquet

btt

hunters, please spread the word about our banquet on nov. 13 on a Thursday night in winnfield, la.. we are out there supporting hunting so come support us at the banquet. we planning on a good meeting. also hunters please go vote next week because we need your vote to elect people who support us. have a good day.

You guys are planning to attend the 2015 Masters? Right?

Yes Mrs Brenda we will be at the masters banquet!

You are certainly welcome at the Banquet, But please plan to hang out with us at the hunt

IS TRENT ALLOWED BACK IN FOX PENS AFTER WHAT HE DID A COUPLE OF YEARS AGO ????????????

hunters, do not forget our banquet next week. we have some good door prizes that worth no less than one hundred dollars to those that have the lucky tickets. we will have a good meal and give away a gun to a individual with the lucky gun ticket. also we will give away 10,000 dollars to someone who has a 100 dollars ticket. come join us in winnfield, la. at the civic center located at the fair ground. we plan to up date you on what we have been working on over the past year.

btt

Is butler taking the money up for Trent ?

There may be some things within the structure of the LSA that I don't agree with, but they do have some good people on board. It is for a good cause. The no-name post on this thread need to be deleted.

I need Richard number and I will get the no name remove. each of you remember our banquet next week. we will have some people who are in the second race there to speak and meet the hunters. this second race is our chance to elect some men who will support our hunting rights. this administration has taken our right to hunt the forest and we need to get it back.

btt

btt

Is there any update on running dogs on the national forest? Will there be a season this year? Thanks in advance for info! Some of us members would love to know and be filled in.

randy, you and I talk this morning about this, but to other hunters. the case was sent back to the lower court because the forest claim we did not have the right to file the suit referring to the lsa. therefore we have to get some individual hunters to file the lawsuit since they are harm by this decision.. we are working on that procedure now. we will have no hunting this year but we are working for the 2015 hunting year. we knew going in this is a long process because the government try to delay everything from appeals to actual court dates. we are asking the members to hang in there because we are working hard to get our hunting rights back. please go vote because that is important in getting the right people fighting for us and overturn this administration war on guns and hunting. according to nra, this Obama admin. is trying to get a bill line out to put a 50 per cent tax on guns and ammunition.

Could someone post the legal status of pens in La. now. My job may be moving and would like to know if pens are in trouble of being outlawed in La.Also are there many pens with fox only?

Thanks for the update Leroy. That will keep us motivated. We like the update ever so often

larry, pen are open in la. for you to come run. my pen is gopher hill fox pen on hwy 440 near franklinton, la located in the southeast part of the state. we have fox and yotes. most pen have both. what part of the state will you be located. if I can help you let me know.

leroy husser
randy, you and I talk this morning about this, but to other hunters. the case was sent back to the lower court because the forest claim we did not have the right to file the suit referring to the lsa. therefore we have to get some individual hunters to file the lawsuit since they are harm by this decision.. we are working on that procedure now. we will have no hunting this year but we are working for the 2015 hunting year. we knew going in this is a long process because the government try to delay everything from appeals to actual court dates. we are asking the members to hang in there because we are working hard to get our hunting rights back. please go vote because that is important in getting the right people fighting for us and overturn this administration war on guns and hunting. according to nra, this Obama admin. is trying to get a bill line out to put a 50 per cent tax on guns and ammunition.

Here's the article that came out on the appeal.....

A federal appeals court has upheld a ban on using dogs to hunt deer in the Kisatchie National Forest.

The 5th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals this week ruled that the Louisiana Sportsmen Alliance, which sued the U.S. Forest Service after "deer-dog" hunting was banned at the 360,000-acre forest in 2012, had not made a "concrete" claim of any harm to their members caused by the ban.

Kisatchie, located about two hours southeast of Shreveport, is one of the few places that allow hunting deer with dogs, a tradition that dates back to colonial times, Sportsmen Alliance President Leroy Husser said Wednesday.

The group likely will file a new lawsuit after a board meeting next week, President Leroy Husser said. A federal judge in Lafayette last year upheld the Forest Service's prohibition on hunting with dogs.

"I don't like the idea of government trying to take away our hunting rights," said Husser. "I have to talk to my board, but I would look for us to forget it to the very end."

Husser, who said he has hunted deer with dogs since childhood, said his group has about 700 members, and is devoted to protecting hunting and 2nd Amendment rights.

Among other causes, the Alliance's website notes its opposition to state legislation that would mandate that dogs riding in the back of pickup trucks be kept on leashes or in cages. The legislation passed, but was vetoed by Gov. Bobby Jindal.

While the Forest Service had said the decision to get rid of dog-deer hunting was based on complaints from residents who lived near the Kisatchie forest, Husser said the decision was made by federal employees at the National Forest who had moved to Louisiana from other states.

"People moving here don't respect our traditions here in Louisiana," he said.

Unleashing a group of dogs to flush and chase deer is a traditional way of hunting deer, though dog-deer hunting periods have gotten shorter in recent years and fewer areas allow the practice, Husser said.

"A lot of people don't enjoy hunting from a deer stand" mounted in a tree, Husser said. "There's something about dog hunting that is sort of more thrilling to me."

btt

I would like to thank all the people that came out to the lsa banquet to support hunting. we had approx. 300 hundred show up and had some big winners. the ten thousand was split four ways and the man who won the drawing of the number one ticket was in the final 4. we gave away a very nice gun and scope along with many other nice prizes. it was a good night for the lsa and hunters from all over the state. thanks again.

Leroy did LSA look into the Weyerhauser leases in south Louisiana not being renewed, without the exclusion of dog deer hunting. No lease spans more than three years. When the new lease is issued. it will be with the exception of dog deer hunting. Just wondering.

Jimmie the LSA has been in talks with Weyerhauser about their recent decision to do away with dog hunting after this year, to my knowledge the only area affected at this time is the north La. District. With that said it is my understanding that the three year leases offer no protection from this affecting south La., or for that matter all Weyerhauser properties. All they have to do is add an addendum to your lease which is issued every year. With yours and other hunters help the LSA is trying very hard to have their recent decision reversed.
I would like to say thank you to all the hunters that participated in the banquet Thursday night in Winnfield.
Mike Martin
LSA board member

Mike, thanks for the response, my lease is about 25 miles east of Baton Rouge. I'm not sure where their district lines are located and it may be just timing when they changed mine. Time will tell. Thanks

jimmie, I understand that the lease in Washington parish was not effected by the north la. district decision. that came from the district man for the southeast area was my understanding. hope that is the case for all of you. let us know if we can help you in any way.