​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​

Official Website of the Foxhunters Hall of Fame

Masterfox Message
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Couple of Gramin Alpha questions

1) Is there only 20 available frequencies to use?

2) Can you lock collars so no one else can track?

I think I know answers but new guy has gotten one and he's telling a lot of stories about what his New Alpha will do.

Want to know if I'm missing out & just don't know

Re: Couple of Gramin Alpha questions

You can only track 20 collars and unless you give someone your tracking codes for each collar, no one else can track your collars.

You do have to give out track or train code for someone to track or train your dog. But they can have that some track or train code in their alpha already and they can do both. I have had someone change my collars ID's before as well as I have someone elses not knowing I was not changing mine. Matt

Is there 20 built in codes or does the alpha randomly pick up codes??

Guy said he could type in code on his, I have not seen that or least I have not tried to do that with mine.

I know he could not train mine unless I gave him the Training code but was thinking it would random pick up my collars on Tracking

The alpha will not just pick up a collar. You have to put in the track or train code.

I've had one episode where I tracked a dog to the back of a truck and it wasn't my dog. Only one dog in the box with an alpha collar on and it wasn't mine. I turned that collar off and a few seconds later my machine picked up another collar 3/4 of a mile away which turned out to be my dog. I turned that collar back on and my machine went back to tracking it instead of mine. I don't know what the odds of two collars having the same track codes but it can happen. This was at a field trial in Picayune where we had to turn the machines off after cast and back on when we started catching up. Maybe that other collar had the same track code and was closest at the time I turned the machine back on. I didn't check to see if it was on the same train code.