​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​

Official Website of the Foxhunters Hall of Fame

Masterfox Message
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Another foxhunter has passed.

I received word last night of the passing of Elton McDaniel of Echo, Alabama. Elton owned and operated Vixen Valley Fox Pen. Vixen Valley served as home for the Alabama Open and Choctawhatchee field trials for many years. There are many things I could say about Elton as he meant a lot to me. He was a great friend to me and many others. Elton had great personality and was a lot of fun to be around. He will be missed by his wife, Marceline, and the entire McDaniel family. God and family were first in his life. He was truly a good man!

Re: Another foxhunter has passed.

Sad News. You said it right Butch, a GOOD MAN!
I think alot of the hunts we all had there, the old hunters, the good food up there in the old house, all cook by family, Gospel music on Friday nights, some good times spent with Mr. Elton, I'll miss him. Thanks for pasing this along Butch.

Butch, hate to hear this . Dad and myself
hunted there in Echo a lot in the 80's and 90's. We had many a good laugh with Mr.Elton and the Ozark gang.Thanks for this post.

As an early teen, I was fortunate enough to travel to Echo from North Alabama with many older foxhunters and spend time foxhunting and deer hunting with the McDaniel family. They are a great family. Elton had a great time ribbing me about all the deer I missed.
My prayers are with the family.

BTT

BTT

BTT

BTT