​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​

Official Website of the Foxhunters Hall of Fame

Masterfox Message
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
2015 Johnson's Telemetry & Hunter's Horn All American Running Hound Classic

Re: 2015 Johnson's Telemetry & Hunter's Horn All American Running Hound Classic

Is that a misprint or really a $50 membership?

Not a misprint

Same as the last All American

Hal, I was at the meeting the last time the AA was in Swainsboro when this was voted in. The reason this was done was to try and get more income because the AA had been losing money. In my opinion one reason they were losing money was because they were having it at Grenada on the outside. Lot of hunters just not going to attend an outside hunt, thus numbers were down. I think it will do really well this year in Manning and I plan on being there. I love the AA, and it is one of my favorite hunts to attend. Always a first class hunt.
God Bless
Bobby

outside or inside hope it doesn't loose money. the pen fee expense for trial will also have be considered to not go in hole.

I'm not the smartest fella in the world, but..... If 300 dogs show up at 75.00 a head thats $22,500. If 100 people brought the dogs that's $5,000. With an estimated total of $27,500 I have to scratch my head and wonder who's losing money. I know somebody will throw some numbers out there to make sense of this, so lets see it.

dont think it lost money in 2014 on outside.

The 2014 hunt was on the outside and as far as I was informed made money with 277 dogs.It was a great hunt with lots of coyote running.And the Illinois man that won is a pen hunter with a good hound. It will be good to move it so the east guys can attend. It should be a real good hunt in 2015.

This is my opionion and has no reflection on any one or hunt. Most of the money is going for judges at these hunts getting them from all over U.S. and they make it a reunion for 5 days. Get more local judges that know area and that hustle and not one's that turn in couple scores and then go eat a Ribeye at local restuarant. I'll take 18 judges that are familar with running grounds than 35 that haven't judged there regularly. jmo

We could judge all morning, eat potted meat and drink cool aid.And sleep in the truck and tents and buy our own gas to get there. Yes it is an honor to be asked to judge and a judge is expected to do his best for the hunters with hounds entered.

Judge I see you won't put your name on post so imagine you wont go to a hunt that post your scores either. The last couple years I've only judged hunts and not ran dogs so I dont expect anyone to pay their own way that hunts responsiblity to pay expences but its also judges to keep their cost down. Like you said it a honor to judge not a job.

quite the insult you threw out there hal. A big reunion with rib eyes. yum yum.