​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​

Official Website of the Foxhunters Hall of Fame

Masterfox Message
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
what could it be

puppy looks like it has rickets 11 weeks old. have been feeding science diet puppy food and milk replacer

Re: what could it be

Im not sure the symptoms of Ricketts.. How is it acting? I had a couple that were kind of spasming all over. Had a hard time holding head up and standing. Front feet and legs were tense. I found out it was a Thiamin deficiency (or Vit B1). I gave Vit B Complex down throat and gave shot under skin. They didn't always do that just at times. After a few days of the B Complex they were fine. Good healthy pups now.

her front legs look like there crooked and weak all over night

Might be too much protein

Move the pups to the sunlight they are not getting enuff sunlight... An it also could be to much protein.. The sunlight should work...

never thought about to much protein that makes more sense can get in sun. thanks

Go to pet supply store and get CLOVITE it will get pup straight in ten days
perfect straight legs and feet. Tablespoon on food everyday
trust me it works. Vitamin deficiency causes that

Worms will cause pups to have a vitamin deficiency. First get rid of worms. PS . It's a lack of calcium !

I had some 4 week old pups that went from great to not being able to walk in 2-3 days, one vet thought it was rickets another said worm them real good. Turned out they were wormy the wormer I was using wasn't getting what they had.

I had some doin same thing coach is talking about. Fed them liver and sardines a few days and moved them so they could get more sun light. They cleared up in few days. Figured it must have been a vitamin defficance after they straightened up

A LACK OF CALCIUM AND TOO MUCH CALCIUM HAVE THE SAME SYMPTOMS...IT CAN NOT BE ASSIMILATED WITHOUT VITAMIN D A GOOD SOURCE IS SUNSHINE AND COD LIVER OIL....CUT BACK ON THE CALCIUM FOR A FEW DAYS

I had one about that age that you could roll a volleyball thru his curved out legs....the vet said a vitamin deficiency and gave me 3 tubes of something...started straightening in a few days....perfect in 2 weeks ...and is a big straight legged man now.