​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​

Official Website of the Foxhunters Hall of Fame

Masterfox Message
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Grenada upcoming hunts

Wondering if someone could tell me outside feild trails and dates planned for Grenada Mississippi 2015

Re: Grenada upcoming hunts

Miss state march 4-7. Calhoun county jun3-6. Southern states will be sometime in May

Grenada Lake hunt will be Sept. 16-19

It could be interesting to have a Grenada lake points contest of all the hunts held there throughout the year and see what kennels and hounds show up the most.

The south Mississippi kennels have been powerful for a long time. It is field trialing like it was in the good ole days. Those who remember running outside know it takes a well rounded hound to run the outside coyote and them boys from the south bring em. 2015 starts out with the Ms. state in March

Our state had a good football season and I am proud of Mississippi. Also outside field trials are casting good entry numbers of hounds,quite possibly more on the outside than in the pens ,in the west anyway, and the credit goes to all the hunters,the fine judges and the officers that hold things together to help support the betterment of the fox and coyote hound breeding programs everywhere. If you want to see if you can run an outside coyote with some of the top hounds around,come be a part of the hunts in 2015.

Should b a new crop of Lil Ralleys ready for 2015!

Im not much on talking to no names, but i agree with grenada fan. A king of the lake points contest would make things alot more interesting. Since none of the hunts count toward the leader board anymore.

Its funny how all the post and comments from the grenada boys are friendly and classy for the most part. Maybe some of the young hunters can get a point contest going for grenada hunts. I am sure the details could be worked out.It sounds like a fun thing.

I still had the data from the 2008 Leaderboards so I looked back at the top Sires from the MS State, Grenada Lake, Southern States, and Calhoun County to see who was doing what. Not many of the Kennels were listed so a KOY wouldn't be accurate and only a few hounds repeated in placing so a HOY wasn't very interesting either.

Nolans JW Hoss ___ 565
Gunstock Casper ___ 330
Parkers Mr Colby ___ 330
Woods Tank ___ 315
Rogers Four J Ben ___ 310
Seymours Lil Rally ___ 265
Barneys Bud ___ 225
Shongalo BoJack N ___ 220
Boones Packman ___ 215
Fraziers Bashful ___ 190
McCarvers Ozy ___ 175
Ladners Blackie ___ 170
Houlka Creek Buster ___ 165
John Bs Troop ___ 160
Slow&Easy Jet ___ 155
Kennedys Big Shot ___ 150
Hills McCrea ___ 135
Oakridge Smokey ___ 130
Pinedale Bozo RB ___ 130
Floyds Flintlock ___ 125
Herringtons Ike ___ 125
Ashes Sam ___ 105
Parkers Mark S ___ 105
Floyds Denver ___ 95
Gator Creek Chief ___ 90
PCs Wood Chopper ___ 90
BTTB Butch ___ 85
Pindale Ford B ___ 85
Droopy ___ 75
Webbs Crockett ___ 75
Stumps Lewis ___ 70
Hurts Black Man ___ 65
Floyds Red Man ___ 50
Jesses JP Smith ___ 45
Kennedys Breeze ___ 45
Haynes Chance ___ 40
Renfros Ted ___ 40
Hildagaux ___ 35
Lanes Jimbo ___ 35
Martins Joe W ___ 35
Parkers Hooker ___ 35
Driveways Driver B ___ 30
Govs Big Foot ___ 30
Hot Shot Rally ___ 30
Pinedale Slide B ___ 30
Slow & Easy Shadow ___ 25

Top Sires from 2008 at the Central FL, Santa Rosa, and Blackwater...

Gunstock Casper ___ 1215
Clear Branch Lighting ___ 290
Jesses JP Smith ___ 240
Gowens Smokey G ___ 205
Barneys Chase ___ 200
Ricks Zippo ___ 185
Floyds White Man ___ 150
Jacket ___ 140
Tobys Mack ___ 140
Obrians K Bar ___ 130
FR 5T9 ___ 120
Cottons Raliegh ___ 110
Jerrys Rock ___ 105
Bryants Possum ___ 90
Hammerindown Ace ___ 90
DPs Smoochie ___ 85
Prescotts Wildman ___ 85
Bryants Poor Boy ___ 80
Sapps Big Lem ___ 75
Grants Popeye ___ 70
Gunstock Zippy ___ 65
Fatboys Tyrone ___ 60
Hammerindown Heart ___ 60
Lisas Nightmare ___ 55
Boones Iron Man ___ 50
Conners Jacket ___ 50
Eds Petee ___ 45
Hobbys Nebraska ___ 35
Malphurs Copper ___ 35
Congress Blaze ___ 30
Hendersons Flintlock ___ 30
Hammerindown Ben ___ 20

I go to the Grenada hunts and just caus a lake points race dont interest some who dont even go ,it would interest the ones who are regulars. you cant tell me the Smiths or the Rally dogs dont show up at Grenada. I am there.

Are dogs scored on both coyote n fox only at Grenada or deer as we'll?

Hounds are scored under National rules. No deer. If you notice the scoring is somewhat lower than pen scoring and if deer races were being turned in they would be a lot higher. So judges stay on coyote races. Deer dogs tend to get out and away from any judges.

Lake hunter, if you were responding to me I was only explaining why I didn't post a KOY and HOY from the lake hunts. I just didn't have the info on hand to put a list together that would show who was winning and placing back then.
Looking forward, it would be interesting. 100% of hunters who know Grenada would be interested. Some would tell you they wouldn't care about it but they just trying to be cool by acting like they don't care.

ok. H.H. my bad... grenada is a fun place. we all can enjoy it for what we have access too.

I looked back in the Chase and found 10 hunts held at Grenada in 2013 and 2014 (MS State, Southern States(2), Calhoun Co(2), All American, Futurity(2), National(2)). I couldn't find Grenada Lake or Enid Lake and might have missed some hunts I didn't recognize as Lake Hunts. I assigned 100 pts for a 1st place down to 10 pts for a 10th place and added it up. I didn't use an entry factor or Grade like in the Leaderboard so a 1st place in the Calhoun Co Derby is weighted the same as a 1st place in the All American. These are the top kennels from the Lake hunts the last 2 years.

Buckhole - 780
Jack Floyd - 560
Lisha - 540
Bull Mtn - 500
Smith & Quave - 470
Joe Woodard - 350
Seymour & Henson - 330
Pinedale - 300
Charles Parker - 300
Mickey Kennedy - 280
Skuna River - 270

Most 1st place finishes:
Lisha - 3
Smith & Quave - 2
Bull Mtn - 2

as a regular at the lake hunts I do like the idea of a points system. And think some of the younger guys that are involved so much can tweak it into something fun.

I vote Danial Seymour 2 this job!

Daniel would be a good man for the task. He is there at the hunts and well liked by all. Along with his kennel partner, if they would , could design a scoring system we all can enjoy keeping up with. A points race can only create more interest and promotion for Grenada and the love of outside field trialing.

How many hounds are typically cast at these hunts?

Why don't y'all put your names on here? This ain't a post that you'll be attacked on, nobody wants to talk to no names. Normally there's around 200-250 at the small hunts.

Pat maybe you an pepper should handle this cause it sure wouldn't look good for Danial an me when a lil rally wins the thing. Not saying it'll be ours but just about every kennel there has one in it.

We probably got about as many of them as yall do Slim! Seymour and Henson Grenada Lake Fox Hunting Magazine! Mite make MILLIONS! LOL

There is a rich foxhunting - coyote running tradition in and around this part of Mississippi. Just try and think of the hunters and hounds that have come through there. Who ever keeps up with the points will be doing a service to the old guys breeding that is still in the woods today and a pro mo to the present guys keeping outside trials alive. It would be a fun thing and due credit to those who have success ,but true it will take some unselfish person's time to keep track.No one should not do it because of their own success if they want to in my opinion.

i dnt own rally but do like his pups and breedin & agree that if a man wants to keep up with points for us old guys to follow it is fine if he has a dog in the race. east coast keeps up with COS & that is ok with everybody. even if it is just a lake kennel point race & not a sire race alone be ok also.

A points system would be a good idea

Sounds like fun to me. Daniel and Slim would be great to head it up and keep up with it, as would Pat. It would be a fun deal. Knowing Heath I'll be he would pitch in when asked to help too.

A great big thank you to all those who support outside field trials,those hunts at grenada and the others held in other territories. Some say outside hunting is over.And it is in many cases but there is a place to go at Grenada to compete with a fairly large entry.It's something to be proud of to win or place a hound here. So make plans to attend one in 2015 .It's a lot of fun and good fellowship. And a lake points race would be fun too.

what is the best motel for hunters to stay when at a hunt here? gona try and go to a trial this year.The pen hunts are good just getting tired of same ole thing.

Hambone cabin rentals are closer than motels. Also a campsite with camper hookups within the hunting grounds. Several private cabins in the area that u can rent.