​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​

Official Website of the Foxhunters Hall of Fame

Masterfox Message
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
ERIC

YOUR BLUE JAYS HAVE BEEN BEEFING UP THIS WINTER.....I THINK MY RED BIRDS NEED TO MAKE ANOTHER LOU BROCK TRADE YOU DONT HAVE ONE IN THE MINORS UP THERE DO YA..

Re: ERIC

Charlie, We've added a couple good ones. Martin is an outstanding catcher and a pretty good hitter and Donaldson is top-of-the-line at third.
Coming from Pittsburgh and Oakland, both strong pitcher's parks into the Sky Dome band box should certainly help their power numbers. Ditto for Saunders in left who comes from Death Valley Stadium in Seattle.
I guess my main concern is this: they play 162 games. I do not see where the Blue Jays have added major league depth to their roster. Same as in the past -- a few top-rate names and a lot of waiver wire pick-ups.
So, like in the past, when injuries pile up in August there'll be a lot of Buffalo Bisons stampeding north.
I haven't heard it addressed by any of our giddy baseball media, but Russ Martin can be fairly fragile. He misses a number of games most years. The Jays are talking about trading their little switch-hitting catcher like he was found money. If they do, Dickey's caddy with the .141 average will be the front line receiver in August.
The outfield is thin as is. Jose has been fairly injury prone in recent years. Ditto Edwin at first. Reyes is a walking time bomb. They also thinned out the pitching prospects to get Donaldson. We have a lot of young starters and they are always a good bet to crash and burn with arm trouble.
So yes, the starting line-up looks strong. The Canadian kid in center looks like a real player and the young starting pitchers are exciting. It's just, I'd feel a whole lot more comfortable if Rogers had made funds available for a few decent back-ups. It is a 162 game schedule.

p.s. You picked up a pretty good right fielder -- great glove, has hit in the past, though not so much last year. I don't think they'll be holding a charity game for the Cards any time soon.

Charlie, If we had a Lou Brock on the team, he'll be playing third base in Oakland next year.
Lawrie is one of the best fielding third basemen I've ever seen. When he came up it looked like he could hit. Either his injuries have slowed him down or they found something he can't handle.
He's still young and while his stats won't be great in that park, he can play is he's right physically and mentally.
You could probably get him for Michael Wacha. Oakland likes pitchers.

Again, regarding Lou Brock - you have a kid named Sierra in the Gulf Coast League who looks like he might be OK in a few years. How about packaging him and spare lefty Marco Gonzalez for a nice tract of land just south of Yellowknife. It would be an ideal location for a stadium should MLB decide to expand into that area.

I HOPE HE CAN PLAY CENTER WITH A LITTLE POP...WE HAVE A COUPLE THAT CAN PLAY A GOOD CENTER BUT THEY DONT CARRY A VERY BIG BAT...AND ONCE AGAIN WE SURE COULD USE A GOOD HITTING COACH.....

I believe the kid is a cf and they say he's a good one. Just might not be ready for prime time for three years or so.
In the mean time, what about bringing Colby back. You could hire his Dad as hitting coach -- two birds with one stone. Failing that, I hear Barry Bonds is available.

I THINK COLBYS DAD IS HIS DOWNFALL..AND WE DONT HAVE A HAT BIG ENOUGH TO FIT BONDS BESIDES HE REQUIRES A BIG MEDACINE BOX....HEY OUR BLUES ARE SHOWING A LITTLE PROMISE THIS YEAR....

Yeah, Colby is less than the sum of his parts. One game he'd do something to make you say OH! The next game, you'd add a word.
Your Blues are playing well. The west has a lot of top teams and they're one. The Leafs have been on a hot streak. I believe they have the Cup parade all mapped outin Toronto, although they've done that a few times and the last parade was in '67.

Wish I could brag up my Ottawa Senators but wouldn't have the audacity to try that. At least one more year of "WAIT TILL NEXT YEAR". Wish you two yard birds a very Merry Xmas and great running in the New Year!

Ted, Merry Christmas and all the best for the coming year.
Merry Christmas to Charlie, Whitey and Brenda, Scott, Matt, Pound Puppy and all the other Missouri outlaws.

Merry Christmas to you and Ted.