​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​

Official Website of the Foxhunters Hall of Fame

Masterfox Message
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Weyerhaeuser issue

Received a important call from Mr Mclees our lobbiest, informing us that Weyerhaeuser wants to set up a meeting to resolve the deer dog hunting issue. Hopefully we can come to agreement. We will keep you informed of any new information. Thank you

Re: Weyerhaeuser issue

The agreement will be just like mine was, sign the lease stated " NO DOG DEER HUNTING " or lose your lease!

jimmie, our meeting is not about the lease agreement.

Please advise on the out come.

Jimmie McCoy
Please advise on the out come.

The Meeting will take place February 20th with Weyerhaeuser. We will let all concerned the out come Friday evening!

Trent Hollingsworth
The Meeting will take place February 20th with Weyerhaeuser. We will let all concerned the out come Friday evening!
Have not heard results of the meeting with Weyerhaeuser. Very concerned.

This is what hurts this association! No information! Good or Bad put it out there and put the facts!

In most every lost caus ,last ditch effort to stay in the game or negotiate over a policy the spokespersons are important. What has really been going on the last years behind the scenes ?Were the right words used at the right time to the right people? Sometimes things are made better or worse.

The LSA had a meeting Friday the 20th of February, Don Gohmert and Joe McClees represented the LSA and Ed Smith and a lobbyist represented Weyerhauser. The meeting did not go our way, Mr. Smith was adamant that stopping dog hunting on Weyerhauser lands was his decision and he was not willing to reconsider his decision.
The LSA is now attempting to go up the corporate ladder of Weyerhauser to try to have this decision overturned, these are the facts.
Now here is another fact that most hunters ignore, it takes money to wage this fight. A membership in the LSA is $ 40.00/annually this figures to $.11 per day. If we are to be successful we need your financial support as well as membership numbers.
If you have questions feel free to call
Sincerely
Mike Martin
LSA Board Member
318-990-1322 mobile
318-247-3938 home

to t. p. kennels, I am sorry you did not receive the information as quick as you thought you should have on the meeting. I need to remind you that we have family and other things to do along with lsa business. so you could have a little patience in this matter.

But yet you have been on here the last 3 days with your puppy hunt!

Bad news always travels slower than good news.

yes, I have been on here about my puppy hunt and my personel business. I did not response to Weyerhaeuser right away because I was planning on discussing it with the board first. if you have a problem pick up the phone and give me a call. my phone number is 3184480940. we were to have a board meeting Monday night but got put off due to bad weather. my first question to you will be are you a member of the lsa. if not do not waste my time.

Trent Hollingsworth
Yes I am member but don't waste your time responding you have other business!

Yal can take up coyote hunting. I been told we can keep running coyotes and fox on pine company lease in Louisiana.

This Ed Smith? I'm sure he's a reasonable man! We'll make him an offer he can't refuse.