​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​

Official Website of the Foxhunters Hall of Fame

Masterfox Message
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
All American Info and a bit of History

In one more week I will be leaving to head to Manning for the All American.

As I type this there are 39 judges expected with the potential that a couple may not be able to make it. Because of this, I believe the scoreboard will look like a phone book.

The last time the All American was at Manning was in 2006 and there were 977 hounds cast, making it the 2nd largest entry of all time.

At that hunt, Lonnie Ward was President and Clyde Sutton was MFH.

Norman Howard's Maggie won that year. To this day, she is the greatest field trial hound that I have ever judged bar none.

The Results were;

1) EC ch. Howard's Maggie ( Dono's Frog ex Russell's Snow Baby) Norman Howard, Georgetown, S.C.

2) Howard's Albert (Dono'd Frog ex Howard's Little Ann) Norman Howard

3) Chuck's Magic Man (Sleepy Eye Magic ex Tyler's Margarette) Chucki Poston, Pamplico, S.C.

4) D&M's Heartache (D&M's Gray Boy ex Lambert's Shelly) Dale, Dylan & Marty Morris, Andrews, S.C.

5) Eadie's Shane (Hill's Golden Guy ex Eadie's Bopp) Choo Choo Knls., Sandridge, S.C.

6) Daniel's Robin ( Dono's Batman ex Gayman's Crybaby) Daniels Knls., Lake City, S.C. (Speed and Drive winner)

7) Thomas' Gator (Dono's Batman ex Hill City Jane) Kalib Thomas, Lambertown, S.C.

8) ch. Hoehner's Slinger H. (Hoehner's Slide ex Wells' Breeze) John Hoehner, Dongola, Ill.

9) Ambler Ridge Hustler (W&W Black Snake ex Shiell's Sugar) Eric Brazelle, Guyton, Ga.

10) Triple Bridge Tank (Wade's Rip ex Country Boy Scarlett) Bennett & Loyd, Creedmoor, N.C.

Comb. Hoehner's Slinger

I will be posting other things of historical significance concerning the All American during the next week.

Re: All American Info and a bit of History

What are the running dates for this year again ? Please

Enter hounds on Saturday, Feb. 7 and Sunday, Feb. 8. Run 9,10,11. Show and rest day on the 12th. Run the top 15% on Friday the 13th. Somebody's lucky day.

Wow 977 hounds. I bet that was a sound you didn't soon forget.

She must have been a hell of a hound for it to be the best you ever judged. I have heard a lot of stories about Maggie.

Mr. Bill, What was some of the highest speed and drive scores for 4 day for any one dog? Thanks Jeff!

I've been able to see some of the best, especially over the past few years, but Maggie was beyond compare.

At the 2013 All American In Swainsboro, Greg Jolly's Tar J score 1250 over the 4 day period. That's the All American record.

The last day of that hunt a hound belonging to Premier Knls of Swansea and Smoaks SC scored 495! That's a pretty tough hound to score that much after 4 days.