​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​

Official Website of the Foxhunters Hall of Fame

Masterfox Message
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
All American Tid Bit

6 more days until All American entries begin.

In 2004, the All American drew the record entry that still stands and will likely never be broken. There were 1031 hounds officially entered at the first days cast. There were actually 1055 entered but I had to refund 24 hound owners there money back after hounds came in heat and other issues arose.

Paige Brannon was the President that year with Charlie Boyd serving as Master of Hounds.

Archie Hucks won with his fine Maggie hound that was only 17 months old when she won. She is also 1 of only 2 hounds to have ever won the All American and produced another winner at a later date. She produced Touchdown Super Sport who won in 2009. In 1969, Yazoo Kelly Rose won and produced 1972 winner Yazoo Kelly's Dusty.

HGA

1) Hucks' Maggie (Nobles' Fast Gun ex Charlie's Missy) Archie Hucks, Gallivant's Ferry, S.C.

2) W.W.'s Nancy (Circle C Yukon Joe ex Circle C Fair Lady) Joe & Ruth Lewis, Dinwiddie, Va.

3) Jason's Tina (Dono's Batman ex Fowler's Gypsy F) Jason Eddins and Lewis Chavis, Swansea, S.C.

4) Zip Janney (O'Steen's Zeb ex Bailey's Speck D) Davis Hallman, West Columbia, S.C.

5) Bratcher's Sable (Dono's Batman ex Grainger's Rita) Danny Bratcher, Andrews, S.C.

6) ch. LS Double Trouble (Stroll Janney ex Billy's Butterfly) Andy & Sandy Hoyle, Bridgeton, N.C.

7) Nichols' Misty (Burnt Mill Crazyeight ex R.P.'s Slipper B) Keith Nichols, Huger, S.C.

8) Myers' Christy (Ziploc Hellums ex Christy Hellums) David Hellums, Pearl, Miss.

9) Triple L Stinger (Triple L Duster ex Triple H Kate) Triple L Knl., Dade City, Fla.

10) Cane Gully Buddy (Owens' Hilly Billy ex Owens' Thunder Cat) Jessie Owens, Macedonia, S.C.

COMB. and Dual Champion: Zip Janney

Re: All American Tid Bit

How many of the top ten is still field trailing????

Good question.

Archie is supposed to be coming this year, along with kennel partner Dan Peavy. Joe Lewis may be there also.

David Hellums was running hounds at the National, but I don't know of he will be at the All American or not.

Davis Hallman and Andy & Sandy Hoyle judge some, but I haven't heard of them running lately.

I don't know about the rest.

Mr.Bill Was the two years at Swainsboro the two highest speed and drive scores for the winners for the ALL AMERICAN? Thanks Jeff.

Pamplico was a hunt to remember to .... I think
800 dogs??? How about layout on that one

Pamplico was one of the best pens in the country... Hated to see it go

Jeff. That is correct.

Terry. The All American was held at Pamplico in 1993, 1994, 1997, 1999, 2008 and 2009.

I was at all of them and the 2008 hunt was one of the greatest field trials of any that I have ever attended.

Dale & Marty Morris won it that year.

What was top 10 in 2008 how manny judges and how many dogs then

Is dale and. Marty still field trailing?

any dog numbers yet?

HEARD 535 ENTERED TODAY