​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​

Official Website of the Foxhunters Hall of Fame

Masterfox Message
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Safeguard paste

How much safeguard paste do you give to grown hound, its in small tube? Thanks GRADER

Re: Safeguard paste

Squeeze out from the end of your index finger to the first crease in your finger. 3 days in a row.

8-10 cc for 3 days in a row. If you have a 10cc syringe you can use that to measure.

Grader I got a guy down at Dorchester where I guide Quail hunts thats a vet. We run some of his Pointers for him. I try to get info out of him every chance I get. He told me Safegaurd was a good wormer, but most people didn't use it right. He said to give it 3 days in a row, but give them one third of the tube each day. Been doing it ever since, works good for me. See you at the Ogeechee.
God Bless
Bobby

Yeah and a 1250lb tube for a horse measured on your finger like I said ends up being a tube in 3 days.

Do u have to hold the dogs feed

1cc Per 5lb of bodyweight = 10cc 50lb dog for 3 days, then repeat in 2 weeks. This is the directions from my Vet.. If you have many dogs to do Tractor Supply has the large tube that goes in a caulking gun, its 290grams.

The safeguard paste doesn't have enough fenbendazole in it to treat a dog properly. Get you a bottle of SafeGuard liquid goat wormer and the dose is 1 cc per 5 pounds of body weight.

Do you give the goat wormer three days in a row?

Yes, and if the dog is real wormy do a follow up in two weeks with another 3 day cycle.

MOOSE (SHOWTIME KENNELS)
The safeguard paste doesn't have enough fenbendazole in it to treat a dog properly. Get you a bottle of SafeGuard liquid goat wormer and the dose is 1 cc per 5 pounds of body weight.

They both say 10% fenbendazole.

I mix a tube of the safe guard with a bottle of the safe guard goat and give 3 cc to my walker dogs 3 days in a row.

The paste and the liquid are the same strength. Either one will treat about 4.4 lbs per ml. So, 10ml will worm about 44lbs. Either one has to be given 3 days in a row and for puppies I would repeat 2 weeks later.