​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​

Official Website of the Foxhunters Hall of Fame

Masterfox Message
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Calhoun County 3 Day

The 37th Annual Calhoun County 3 Day will be held June 3rd thru 6th at MS Foxhunters Preserve Grenada MS. We will start taking entries at 3:00 PM on the 3rd Bench show and child handling class will begin at 7:30 on the 3rd. For numbers call Chris Graham 662-678-3139.

Re: Calhoun County 3 Day

Btt

there were well over 200 dogs last year. water should be good and as far as who is tough,there are several .

This is always a good hunt!
School will be out so bring the kids!
There is a swimming area on the lake near the kennels and several places to fish.
Also near the kennels is a campground with full hook ups and showers.
Cabins in the area also available for rent.
Last year there were around 250 hounds at this hunt I think there will be another big entry this year.

Bench show be up in air.depends on the set of eyes watchin. My thoughts are will any of the high powered dogs in La.and elsewhere in the south come show us country boys how to hunt and trail and run on outside were ain't fifteen to one yote to hound ratio. Hope it's hot!!

BTT

Btt

Any thoughts on the entry this year? Will it be bigger than last year?

predict 230

It's not too late to get numbers and plan to attend. Give me a call if you need numbers 662-678-3139. Looking foward to seeing everyone next week!!!

btt

Calhoun county grows this year with 289 hounds cast the first day with several out of state hounds entered.

Anyone know derby results

How did the Florida boys do? Who won?

The Florida boys placed 9th and 8th in the derby and categoried with another in hunting,and in all age placed 5th, and categoried in speed and drive and endurance with another.I had a great time and look forward to going back to Grenada.

I had a great time as always!! No drama relaxing hunt with a lot of great running and outstanding hounds!
I was also impressed by the large number of Kids participating!

Thank you to Chris, Pepper, Alex and crew, Mr. Parker, HD Gray and Heath and Walt Smith and everyone that made us feel welcome!

Hope to see yall at the Blackwater!

I would like to say this is the first 3 day I have been to in about 3 yrs and I had a blast thanks to Chris Graham and crew for puttin on a outstanding hunt the runnin was great and the fellowship was great to I can't wait for my lil girl to get big enough to go with me we had a blast at the hunt .there wasn't a day that didn't someone at the hunt ask me if I needed help with my dogs and that means a lot to me and thanks for an outstanding group of judges if it wasn't for the judges we couldn't have a hunt yal did a great job Bull Mtn Knls and everyone else on the hunt . Thanks again yal from Lyzah Jane Knls

Thanks everyone for coming and supporting the Calhoun County hunt we had 287 hounds and 21 judges. I enjoyed getting to visit with a lot of old friends and made several new. I was really glad to see the turnout of all the young kids and their paticipation in the bench show. I hope everyone enjoyed the hunt and look foward to seeing everyone back next year. I will post full results of the hunt later this week.

looks like outside hunting is drawing the dogs in Mississippi. Anybody know who won this hunt?

Alex hall. Results will be posted soon

Sorry it took me so long to get results posted. I have been busy with work and boys playing baseball. I appreciate everyone supporting the Calhoun this year and look foward to seeing evryone back next year. The results are posted under 2015 results not graded hunts on the front page. Thanks!!!!

Seeing the entry at this trial and others held in Mississippi it appears outside hunting is still strong here.I understand it takes a good balanced hound to place at Grenada and see that some pen hunters always place also.

Awesome running grounds, facility, people and hounds!!!

I haven't been everywhere but Grenada is probably the best running grounds in the country. If only it were acceptable to score on deer it would be perfect. Also if some of the hunts would define boundaries like the Santa Rosa, Blackwater, Alabama State, Blue Springs hunts do then you could cut out a lot of that "Buckhole" misery. There is probably 30,000 acres of accessible running grounds there so it wouldnt hurt anything to pick them up crossing the North end of the main drag and recast at that days cast site.