​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​

Official Website of the Foxhunters Hall of Fame

Masterfox Message
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Deep South 5 hour speed and drive hunt

Deep South Running Pen will host a 5 hour speed and drive hunt May 23, 2015. Entry fee is 60 dollars per dog. 60 percent pay back. Cast at 6am. Dogs need to be entered by 5:30am. There will be a derby and all age class. Lunch will be served. Call 601-953-0670 or 601-253-6653 for numbers.

Re: Deep South 5 hour speed and drive hunt

Need 2 numbers 121,122,185,186

Is it CHRA??

What's the pay out??

It will be run under crhs rules. Payback will be after expenses.

I need 5 AA and 2 derby, Thanks

How many numbers you got out

About 130

will there be a bench show?

Is the hunt building up any

How many numbers out now

There will be a bench show Friday night at 7 pm. We have out nearly 175 numbers.

The kitchen will be selling Hamburger and hot dog plates with choice of chips or potato salad, drink, and dessert on Friday night from 4-8pm. Saturday morning breakfast plates containing biscuits, tomato gravy, bacon, sausage, and eggs for $7 from 5-8am. Lunch will be served after the hunt. We look forward to seeing you there. Have a blessed day.

How many judges do you have ? It's a nice size pen , the more the better scores !!

He knows the pen and where the crossings are! I'm sure he will have the judges there!
Here's the chance to practice for the June 6th benefit CHRA !!
Lot of points at stake!!

As you can see Raw Hide will not play with no name post!!
THANKS !!

You sure are a mouthy lil fellow

Don't think that Rockin S ! He was talking about the noname post that were recently deleted!
You must not have seen that part of this post!

I must have missed something then my bad

No name post were complaining that James put in the hunt and placed 1st and 2nd in the AA!!!
Just people stirring trouble with no name !
Rawhide deleted them!!

He did have dogs in the hunt . I don't even field trial anymore and know that there was also some judge pockets padded

And yes Greg Ellis is too MOUTHY

Are there gonna be any results posted or was it that bad?

Results have already been posted.

I would like to comment on your post. I can tell you have not been field trialing. Because you know absolutely nothing about my husband or his dogs. He has no need to pad judges pockets as you said. Anyone who knows him, knows he would not cheat and that he usually has really good dogs. I have been around foxhunters for the past 25+ years, and there is rarely a field trial winner that don't get accused of cheating. Shame on hunters, where is the sportsmanship? The good job man? I realize some cheat and that is a shame for the hunters and the judges, but don't accuse someone of cheating unless you have concrete proof. Plus they will stand before Almighty God one day to give account for their faults. We all will.

Well I agree you should just say congrats on the win under most circumstances!! But I strongly agree if you put the hunt on you should never put your dogs in it nor should you ever be allowed in the pen with the judges while hunt is going on that's just not cool!! If you have fast dogs that's great if you win well that's even better but when you never hear of this person winning, at least be discreet sit back on the sideline where you aren't seen all up the judges butt!! If they are gonna be in your favor they will do it wether your in there or not !! Just makes things look real shady js!!

There is y'all's proof right there . Pretty much admitted he had dogs in the hunt . ENOUGH SAID !! Now then congrats James Edwards on your win .

Chuck Stanley
There is y'all's proof right there . Pretty much admitted he had dogs in the hunt . ENOUGH SAID !! Now then congrats James Edwards on your win .
well put chuck

Define sportsmanship ? Cause I don't think your definition of it and mine are the same .

To be perfectly honest, I wish James would not have ran in the hunt, that way I would have won! :) but I can say everything was done out in the open, so win, lose or draw, that's bout all you can ask. James manages the pen and I'm sure he run there, as I would, and I'm sure a lot of guys that ran in the hunt, run their dogs there on a regular bases. If it was closer to home, I would run there myself, I have mixed feelings on pen owners running in there own hunts, when they get the MOH and judges, not sure who did what at this hunt. The only thing that could have been differently, is posting that he was running in the hunt and leave it up to the hunters if they want to attend. Marcey and I enjoyed the hospitality and will be back, and hopefully handle up on triple J. Thanks for the hospitality y'all.