​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​

Official Website of the Foxhunters Hall of Fame

Masterfox Message
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
URGENT NATIONAL FOREST LEGISLATION

There is a house reselution bill coming up in Washinton reguarding the opening of all national forest roads to all hunters. The bill is HR1555 please call your congressman and let them know to vote for this bill.
Also there is another bill co_written by the Louisiana Sportsmans Alliance that would allign all national forest regulations for each state be mirrored to their state regulations. There is wording that would keep NWF officials from harassing dog hunters and give us the same rights as all hunters.
If you need your congressmans number please call me and I will look it up. Thx 870_484_1775

Re: URGENT NATIONAL FOREST LEGISLATION

Guys, I just got off the phone with Jeremy. This bill that is coming up HR1555 is going to be a once in a lifetime opportunity. We need to get on the phone and call all of our congressmen. I do not know all of them but I do know that Tom Cotton is one of them and Bruce Westermen. This is very important. Get on the phone and do some calling. Special thanks to Jeremy for staying on top of these things for us. Please identify when he is making a post because he is representing the dog hunters. This bill HR1555 is about opening up all closed roads on government property. There will be another bill that is in the house now that will be coming open soon. Jeremy will keep us informed.

runt and Jeremy, we will get with our congressmens this week. this is a important bill so all you hunters get on the phone to let them hear from you.

District 1
Rick Crawford
202-225-4076 D.C.
501-843-3043 Cabot, AR
870-203-0540 Jonesboro, AR
870-424-2075 Mt. Home, AR

District 2
French Hill
202-225-2506 D.C.

District 3
Steve Womack
202-225-4301 D.C.
479-424-1146 Fort Smith, AR
870-741-6900 Harrison, AR
479-464-0446 Rogers, AR

District 4
Bruce Westerman
202-225-3772 D.C.
501-609-9796 Hot Springs, AR

http://www.politifact.com/punditfact/statements/2014/apr/28/andrew-napolitano/napolitano-washington-lacks-constitutional-right-o/

Leroy if you could put a list of the La . Congressmen with their phone numbers on here I will talk to the hunting clubs in my area about calling . Thanks Jim Eastman

U.S Senator
David Vitter
202-228-5061 DC office

Bill Cassidy
202-225-3015 DC office

US Rep.
1st district
Steve Scalise
202-225-3015 DC office

2nd district
Cedric Richmond
202-225-6636 DC office

3rd district
Charles Boustany Jr
202-225-2031 DC office

4th district
John Fleming
202-225-2777 DC office

5th district
Ralph Abraham
202-225-8490 DC office

6th district
Garret Graves
202-225-3901 DC office

Thanks Trent , I will start calling the hunting club leaders . JimEastman

mr jim, thanks for your support. hope you are doing good along with your family.

Leroy please post LSA bill number on this post as soon as you know what it is.
If any body needs there congressman's number go to. Www.us.gov
click on representatives and all state congressman are listed under each state.
Hope this makes it easy for everyone. I hope everyone takes this serious even if you don't hunt national forest. For some dog hunters this is all they have left to enjoy!!

Jeremy, spoke to my congr. rep. today. he is on board with this bill 1555. he think it is a real good bill. when I get further information on our bill I will let you know.

Thanks leroy.

arkansas dog hunter
Thanks leroy.

mississippi congressmen info

district 1 vacant at the present time
district 2 Benny Thompson democrat - bennythompson.house.gov
district 3 Greg Harper republican - harper.house.gov
distric 4 Steven Palazzo republican - palazzo.house.gov

, Jeromy.

My name is Jonathan Shuffield, and I work for Rep. Bruce Westerman. He asked me to contact you regarding Rep. Fleming’s (LA) efforts in ensuring greater regulation of hunting at the state level. I reached out to Rep. Fleming’s office, and they said that it will likely not be a stand-alone bill. They’re planning to find a way to add it to the sportsmen’s bill that the Natural Resources Committee will take up this summer. We will definitely keep an eye out for what he plans to do.

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. If you need any assistance, don’t hesitate to reach out.

Bipartisan Sportsmen's Act of 2015

This bill revises a variety of existing programs to expand access to, and opportunities for, hunting, fishing, and recreational shooting.
The Federal Land Transaction Facilitation Act is reauthorized through FY2025. The North American Wetlands Conservation Act and the National Fish and Wildlife Foundation Establishment Act are reauthorized through FY2020.
Components of firearms and ammunition and sport fishing equipment and its components (such as lead sinkers) are exempted from regulations of chemical substances under the Toxic Substances Control Act.
The proportion of funding from the Pittman-Robertson Wildlife Restoration Act that states may use for public target ranges is increased.
Interior must issue permits for the importation of polar bear parts taken in sports hunts in Canada before May 15, 2008, which is the date the species was listed as threatened.
The bill revises standards for determining what a baited area is for purposes of the prohibition on taking migratory game birds.
Federal public land management officials must facilitate hunting, fishing, and recreational shooting on certain federal public land. Land under the jurisdiction of the Bureau of Land Management or the Forest Service must be open for hunting, fishing, and recreational shooting unless the managing agency acts to close the land.
This bill provides special rules to expand access to federal land and waterways for film crews of five people or fewer.
The U.S. Army Corps of Engineers may not prohibit individuals from possessing a firearm in public areas of a water resources development project. The National Park Service may not prohibit individuals from transporting bows and crossbows if certain requirements are met.
Funds from the Land and Water Conservation Fund are allocated for priority projects that secure public access to federal public lands for hunting, fishing, and other recreational purposes.
MAJOR ACTIONS:
***NONE***
ALL ACTIONS:
2/5/2015:
Sponsor introductory remarks on measure. (CR S837-838)
2/5/2015:
Introduced in the Senate. Read the first time. Placed on Senate Legislative Calendar under Read the First Time.
2/9/2015:
Read the second time. Placed on Senate Legislative Calendar under General Orders. Calendar No. 15.
TITLE(S): (italics indicate a title for a portion of a bill)
SHORT TITLE(S) AS INTRODUCED:
Bipartisan Sportsmen's Act of 2015
OFFICIAL TITLE AS INTRODUCED:
A bill to protect and enhance opportunities for recreational hunting, fishing, and shooting, and for other purposes.
COSPONSORS(17), ALPHABETICAL [followed by Cosponsors withdrawn]: (Sort: by date)
Sen Barrasso, John [WY] - 3/10/2015
Sen Bennet, Michael F. [CO] - 3/10/2015
Sen Cotton, Tom [AR] - 3/10/2015
Sen Daines, Steve [MT] - 3/10/2015
Sen Donnelly, Joe [IN] - 3/10/2015
Sen Fischer, Deb [NE] - 2/5/2015
Sen Gardner, Cory [CO] - 3/10/2015
Sen Heinrich, Martin [NM] - 2/5/2015
Sen Heitkamp, Heidi [ND] - 2/5/2015
Sen Heller, Dean [NV] - 3/10/2015
Sen Hoeven, John [ND] - 3/10/2015
Sen Kaine, Tim [VA] - 3/10/2015
Sen King, Angus S., Jr. [ME] - 3/10/2015
Sen Manchin, Joe, III [WV] - 2/5/2015
Sen McCaskill, Claire [MO] - 3/10/2015
Sen Risch, James E. [ID] - 2/5/2015
Sen Tester, Jon [MT] - 3/10/2015

"Land under the jurisdiction of the Bureau of Land Management or the Forest Service must be open for hunting, fishing, and recreational shooting."

How does this differ from what we already have? After reading it, there seems to be a lot of political fluff. Wording that appeases to both sides. In the end, it's status quo.

My understanding there will be specific wording added as amendments in the house that will open all closed roads and some specific wording for the protection of dog hunting dogs and the. Ability to use them on Nationnl forest.

arkansas dog hunter
My understanding there will be specific wording added as amendments in the house that will open all closed roads and some specific wording for the protection of dog hunting dogs and the. Ability to use them on Nationnl forest.

They better watch their wording closely because the National Forest is already open for dog hunting. It's just closed for deer dog hunting. In my opinion, all of these issues should be in stand alone Bills and not added to one that pertains to polar bears in Alaska, lead sinkers, or film crews. However, that's how the sneaky politicians try and hide stuff and slip it through riding on the coat tails of something else. No telling what goes on that we don't know about. When it comes to politicians and lobbyists, I don't trust either one. If some powerful Senator from Alaska has enough pull to get the Bill defeated based on what pertains to his state, it kills the entire Bill and all the add-ons die with it. It's a "pass it all or pass nothing" type Bill.

Alex I agree with some of what you are saying but this is the way they write bills in the federal gov. They stack several bills in one package. I dont agree with that but that is what we have to work with. I believe that getting wording in this bill that would specifically protect dog hunters as a whole is great.
There has been wording prepossessed from the Lousiana Sportsmans Alliance that if we are able to get it put in the bill will protect the dog hunters right to National Forest as a whole including deer dog hunters.
This issue is still a hot topic and we need all dog hunters to contact their congressmen ASAP.

Just found out today that Weyerhauser has put new wording in their lease agreements to land in Arkansas that they have prohibited all field trials on their property starting 2015.This means no sanctioned hunts of any kind coon,squirrel,deer, fox,or rabbit.

Phone call was made to Weyerrhauser rep and he said it was due to liability issues. I CALL BS!! Its never been in there before.

And the ball is rolling folks!!!!!

Better wake up!!!!!!!!!!

arkansas dog hunter
Just found out today that Weyerhauser has put new wording in their lease agreements to land in Arkansas that they have prohibited all field trials on their property starting 2015.This means no sanctioned hunts of any kind coon,squirrel,deer, fox,or rabbit.

Phone call was made to Weyerrhauser rep and he said it was due to liability issues. I CALL BS!! Its never been in there before.

And the ball is rolling folks!!!!!

Better wake up!!!!!!!!!!

Why can't they sign a release form like guests do on hunting leases? They have to sign the form before they can go hunting. It's for liability reasons. It's been like that for 20+ years. That's odd. It's ok for members to coon hunt and squirrel hunt, etc. but no sanctioned hunts that bring outsiders in. I wonder if there was an issue in the past where someone got hurt or something?

This came off the company website. I don't know how long it's been there.

"Lessor reserves the right to restrict Lessee's use or the use of Lessee's guests, members or employees of the Property and the rights granted herein if, in the sole judgment of Lessor."

This is an excuse to prevent you all from having trials on your leases. Every acre of your lease is insured it is included in your lease price. Rest assured if we are unable to get the no dog deer hunting decision reversed in north La. It will come to s. Ark. We hunters have got to unite and become active to prevent these things before it happens to us or we're going to lose our rights bit by bit until there gone.
Good hunting
Mike