​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​

Official Website of the Foxhunters Hall of Fame

Masterfox Message
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Mr. Joe Kittrell

I have been asked to share the sad news of the passing of Mr. Joe Kittrell this morning to cancer. Mr. Joe was a lifelong fox hunter and judged for many different associations across the southeast and was the Secretary of the Big Bend FHA for many years. He was a man of few words, but when he spoke, you listened. A true Christian man he was who always greeted you with a handshake and a big smile under that cowboy hat. I was raised in the judges room sitting beside him. Mr. Joe was the man who taught me to break times before the use of computer programs in field trials. He always made sure that he and I were paired together when it came to calculating scores. I was a sponge sitting in a room full of judging legends that included himself, Bobby McDonald, Bobby Cleghorn, Ed Bacon, Charlie Boyd, Wilbert & AJ Mason, Bunny Deal, Lindsey Burns...the list goes on. I was so very lucky to have all of this knowledge in one room as mentors. It has been a few years since he has been able to judge because of his battle with cancer, but I will always be able to picture him galloping up and down the center road of Sandsifters Fox Pen on that Palimono catching crossings. Culleys Funeral home in Tallahassee is in charge of the arrangements.

Re: Mr. Joe Kittrell

I am really sorry to hear of Joe's passing. He was a "class act" all the way. I enjoyed judging with him over the years. He had that "dry" sense of humor that would keep you in stitches. He didn't say much, but he meant what he said.

Re: Mr. Joe Kittrell

Sorry to here this news about mr. Joe he was truly a good man and a 1st class judge he could fly up that center road to get a crossing faster on a horse than most people could on a four wheeler he will be missed but he was a Christian as Sky mentioned and he is with the Saviour.