Official Website of the Foxhunters Hall of Fame

Masterfox Message
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Squealing Horn

Does anyone know where I can buy a squealing horn? Thanks

Re: Squealing Horn

I'm not trying to be a smart a** but what exactly do you mean by "Squealing Horn"? Are you talking about a blowing horn made to call dogs in?

Keep a single barrel shotgun in the truck, they make good squealing horns. It hard to find a good cow horn for under a couple 100$ actuall the best thing to do is train your dogs to come to truck horn. It pretty easy.

call me 5541422.i have a goat horn that squeals r send me your number an will send picture donnie

I'll make one for $100. Cow horn. You pay shipping.

What size horn do you make coach? And where do you live?

Size just depends on the size the horn is when I start. They are getting harder to find all the time. I have made them that wind up 14-16 inches long and have made them that are as small around 8" long. The small ones are really hard to blow. I used to be able to blow them but I guess age has caught up with me. I live near Harrison, Arkansas... It is about 45 minutes south of Branson, Missouri..

That's a little to far to come get a horn,and buying a horn is like buying a dog, you better give it a try before you buy.

I understand. What I have done some in the past is take several pictures and send and record the sound of the horn and send it as well. I realize that is not like being able to test drive it. I enjoy making them when I have time and can find good horns to work with. Mr Pulpwood. Where do you live? The ones I have sold in the past have just been shipped via US mail. Not very expensive.

I'm south of Baton Rouge about 17 miles.