​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​

Official Website of the Foxhunters Hall of Fame

Masterfox Message
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
What to give a gyp to help her milk better?

I had a gyp that just had her first litter of puppies. I'm not sure she is going to milk very good. Does anyone have suggestions as to what to give her to help her milk better. Had 8 but 7 live pups. Really want to save the puppies as their mama is out of a Hollywood female and Valentine's Bart and the puppies sire is Turdhill Class Act. Just born last night but want to be prepared if she doesn't milk well enough. Don't want to wait too long. Any suggestions are appreciated unless someone has a wise crack about what they are out of and suggests I just let them die.

Re: What to give a gyp to help her milk better?

Liver mesh twice a day bread it and fry it just like you would eat it but start now it may take a week to kick in but she will milk just had one like this started with no milk and had to bottle feed now she is feeding them and they are growing good hope this helps

Happy jacks milk aid most feed stores carry it easy to use works good

Puppy chow
Milk-aid
Yogurt

Thanks for advice. Vet gave me a shot of oxytocin for her. Said that would make her let milk down and produce. When I got back from vet office she had had another pup. 8 total now. Got some pork liver I'm going to thaw and feed her. Plan to go into town tomorrow and get milkade. Local feed store didn't have it. Thanks to those who replied.

coach have found out thru the years of raising pups , goats milk replacer is the best, to give your gyp, and happy jack milkaid, goats milk wont tear up her stomach and don't have the effects on kidneys that cows milk has, with cows milk the calcium sometimes cause urinary tract infections, and kidney infections, goats milk does not do this , and happy jack milk aid will help milk production a lot feed her a diet that's rich in fat and a lot of it and milk will pour from her , wheat germ oil works quite well also , but to much will make her have scours , good luck .

coach we have a great results with happy jack milk aid, we use it with every litter. we have and have never had a gyp that did not have plenty of milk

Is the happy jack milk aid in a tablet or liquid? How much do you give her and how often? Do you start before she has puppies? I have used the goats milk before and had good results with it but never used the milk aid.

I put my gyps on it 4 or 5 days before birth give 2 TBL spoons daily at about 10 days old I start cutting back I also put gyp on cephelexen 500 mg I week before due date have had very little trouble with pups using this regimen.

Happy jack milk aid and a lot of groceries. We use ultra 24 multi species milk replacer .. Take a scoop or 2 in a gallon pitcher fill with with warm water , sprinkle a lil bit of that milk aid and stir. Pour to the momma for a few days and the milk will be dripping out her tit coach. But that milk aid is strong if given too much of she'll get mastitis knots in her bag

Coach, I always feed mine a couple cheese and mayonnaise sandwiches right after she's finished having pups, to put protein and calcium back in her system as soon as possible. The milk aids work, but chicken broth does good also, I also soak her feed for a couple days. I have seen gyps with their litter get sore mouth from cleaning pups. Hope this helps, good luck.

Coach purina makes a kid milk replacer it works good on helping gyps produce milk

If you have anybody with goats that live around you go ask if they sale it and buy a gallon and ***** mommas feed the whole time she nurses and that helps mine..... I have few people that raises goats and nothing better for them than goat milk straight from the goats Hope this helps !!!!!