​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​

Official Website of the Foxhunters Hall of Fame

Masterfox Message
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Something that happened recently at a hunt......

At field trials usually the hunters give about 10 minutes or so for the judges to get out of the pen before coming in. That's fine and helps.

We judged a hunt a few weeks back... 4 hour hunt, from 5:30 to 9:30.
I had a crossing right before 9:30, then pulled out into a field in my truck and stopped to write the crossing down. Another judge pulled out of a firelane on a buggy and pulled up near my window.

A dog came running towards us , came right between the truck and buggy , then 2 more came running. My buddy says listen, you could hear the 'toning'.

It was 9:32... I looked at the clock in my truck.

The second dog jumped into the front seat of the buggy with him - jerked out a phone charger and phone he had plugged in. The 3rd dog jumping at the dogbox on the back of the buggy trying to get in.
We had to get the first dog out from under my truck before I could move and try to head out.

Point is.... Don't tone any dogs till the judges are out - We have to get out and nobody wants any dogs hurt - and it makes it 10 times worse if dogs are trying to get on, in, and under your truck when you're trying to come out.

Re: Something that happened recently at a hunt......

I don't field trial anymore but do own a few cull units and a Alpha system, there are going to be some Nice hounds ruined with Garmins for sure, I had to ask a buddy deer hunting to Not tone his while in a race with mine, he wanted to catch his but to lazy to get out and get with program. I probably hurt feelings that day but dang it man Get out & train your hounds to handle.

I Totally Understand where you coming from!!

It's not hunting anymore it's racing.They goy to go play golf and play ball now days.

Hank I'm sorry this happen we watched Rodney Crisco do that , he said HIS dog treed a possum and was trying to get him on good game !!!! (COON ) !!!!! He has a fine looking coon dog for those who would like a free breeding he said call !!!

Whoooboy....
Now that I think about it....he did get a couple of votes for 'Best Bawl'...

We have had the alpha since it came out. No major complaints here, but some people overuse their units. It can ruin a dog, BUT if your not an idiot and know how to train your dogs with it, it's a useful tool. My opinion is to TRAIN ur dog with it and then go to a hunt and use it like u trained ur dogs. Don't go to a hunt and expect them to just do what u want

My opinion is the alpha system can be a great tool if used right but i have seen dogs get ruined from being shocked to much not just from alphas either

Now Valintine u know that is a lie if the stud fee was free u would have done wore the road out coming over here after seeing him drag u across that field

I WILL ADMIT,COON DOG CAN FLAT OUT FLY!HE DON'T RUN YOTES HE CHASES EM!OWWWWW

There nothing bad about toneing they didn't shock the dogs the hunt was over they telling there dogs to stop running that at abuseing there dogs they didn't shock them the problem was please wait on judges to get out of pen so they don't get run over why do we all talk before thinking when a hunt is over everybody can't wait to get in gate an stop there dogs an ever how u got them train that's how u catch them u look at your unit an u tone them or what every way u do it u don't know there a judge close to him so what he saying is wait on judges to get out before u tone ur dogs r what ever way u stop them from running

I think it's stupid to shock a hound and make him stop running. Just my opinion

Chuck,its not stupid unless its not used correctly. Its a good thing if your hound is laid down and you need him cought at some major outside field trials at Grenada .Its a good thing to have him conditioned to the situation before the trial so no major problem comes up.Very little shocking is needed. Wise men call their hounds in and then if the hound fails to respond,a mild touch will bring them in.Its a great tool when used right.Its useful even on a pleasure hunt if a hound is in a bad territory and you need him safety removed.Its not stupid.Its what and how its used.

Can u give us the English translation of this extremely ignorant rant? Or maybe you should think before you post?!

The above post was for the man that failed to use his name and evidently " don't understand"

The irony of the "dumb o asse" post is beyond hilarious.

seems like the president would be the one to bring this problem up with.Its the president's job to keep things running smooth.

Yes dumb o ass I don't understand how the post went from a man asking for hunters to wait till judges come out of pen before u start toning dogs to be caught so they don't get ran over to its a bad thing to shock ur dogs everybody posting how bad it is to shock ur dogs they tone there dogs just like almost every body does now days he just ask for us to wait an I respect that because I done want to hit no dog an I don't want him hitting my dog it's hard to get judges now days an if that will help them I am all for it we as hunters we thinging about catching dogs we not thinking about safety of the dogs an judges at that time so a little reminder from him as a judge I will take it