​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​

Official Website of the Foxhunters Hall of Fame

Masterfox Message
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Puppy hunts

Well fellow hunters since pro hunters have this down to a cheating science what if we as a whole quiit having money hunts for pups only dog food or other gifts. Only money hunts for open hunts all age would this stop the cheating? Just wondering what the hunters think . Thx for you're time mike.

Re: Puppy hunts

Mr. Pevey I agree with you 100%, going to open hunts would take all the guess work out of it, and you would know what is what.

A cheater is gone cheat regaurdless of the prizes i think is more for braging rights.or it would decrease the number of entrys down to almost nothing in the puppy hunts.

There is only one way to completely stop lying and cheating in the money hunts, stop everything but open hunts, then It doesn't matter the age and everybody is on the same playing field.

Stop crying and come to a few open hunts , the puppy hunts are $50 entry and some run there ever week and the others or 15 mth sold at a under 10 , they think a litter number stops this , these hunts are for the pen owner promating stud dogs or making little money , I know in central la it's a stud dog promation to sell pups !! Just saying !

My personal opinion and I do not go to puppy hunts, maybe 5 in my field trialing career. But my opinion is puppy hunts are a joke they are usually run in small pens, full of game, and only run for 3 or 4 hours which is not worth a durn for a dog of any age. I three day hunt and go to an ocassional one day and I cant for the life of me understand why folks think that a dog has shown his true colors in 3 or 4 hours. If a dog can only run for 3 or 4 hours before he is spent I wouldnt own him and sure as hell wouldnt breed to him. If you feel like you are getting cheated somewhere dont go back is my best advice.

Let's rember great hounds are usually great pups.Hounds like prentiss walkers Linda lite was about as good when she was 12 months old as she was at 2years old .that being said if a man enters a dog in a hunt that is to old he's cheating and if you can prove don't allow him at your hunt but if you can't prove it's hard not to allow them at your hunt. Hounds like the great Macs Kojac and Linda Lite could dominate almost anything you put them down with when they were pups.I do think that putting hounds down with other hounds there age is a good way to compete and a man that will cheat and is caught is not welcomed at my hunts .