​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​

Official Website of the Foxhunters Hall of Fame

Masterfox Message
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
MY FOX HUNTER HASKELL SPIRES

TODAY THE SANDSIFTERS CLOSED THEIR GATES FOR THE LAST TIME AS A FOX PEN. WE ENJOYED MANY FIELD TRIALS THERE, BUT OUR LIVES HAVE CHANGED BECAUSE HASKELL HAS BEEN DIAGNOSIS WITH CIRRHOSIS OF THE LIVER. LAST WEEK HE SOLD THE LAST OF HIS HOUNDS WITH TEARS IN HIS EYES. MY HEART IS BREAKING BUT WE WILL TAKE ONE DAY AT A TIME. PLEASE PUT HIM IN YOUR PRAYERS AS GOD IS THE HEALER. HASKELL IS A VERY SICK MAN BUT ENJOYS TALKING ON THE PHONE TO HIS MANY FOXHUNTER FRIENDS. IF ANYONE WOULD LIKE TO CALL PLEASE DO SO. 850-762-2551.

Re: MY FOX HUNTER HASKELL SPIRES

Prayers sent from top flite kennels

Ms carole it sadens me to here this me and mr haskell got to be real good friends when yall lived in sumrall ms he was with me when i placed in my very first 3 day hunt at enon la years ago i have a lot of good memories of mr haskell and i miss coming to visit you and him if theres any thing yall need dont hesitate to call 6016411469 mr haskell will be in my prayers.

I Don't know Mr. Haskell but I know what it is like to watch someone have to let go of the hobby and lifestyle that they hold dear to them. May God bless both of you in your time of need.

Brings tear to my eyes to read this . Mr Haskell and my self spent quite a few nights down at GOPHER HILL FOX PEN all night long listening to our hounds run . I got to become really good friends with Mr Haskell whe y'all lived here. Mrs Carole y'all have my number if y'all need anything please let me know . I miss being able to just run down the road and visit with y'all . Tell Haskell we thinking about him all the time and every good hunt story I hear usually has his name come up in it . Haskell is and always will be a FOX HUNTING LEGEND

Praying for Mr. Haskell !!

Ms carole tell Haskell rawhide is thinking about him
I used to visit with him when I came and run at billy waynes pen years ago
been to several hunts with Haskell and pleasure hunts as well so sorry he has to give up his hounds. if theres anything I can help with please call me. keeping him in our prayers

Carol, tell haskill we are thinking and praying for him. we have had some great races together over the years. I still think of him and Wilber sim, they were great houndsmen. tell haskill, I am still running old hawk and Houston but age is telling on them. haskill won a number of hunts with them. I will be calling.

Mrs carol this news have been ruff to hear mr Haskell is a good friend I have enjoyed a many of hunts with him and still have a dog that he gave me I named him buckshot because I told chick that if mr Haskell gave me a hound that probably ain't gonna be worth wasting a buckshot on. Lol. But turned out to be one fine hound but please don't tell mr Haskell . And I lost my mind once and jumped on the buggy with him boy was that a ride of my life. I could go all night talking bout the memories we shared in a short time

Sad to hear the bad news, Mr. Haskel will be missed at the field trials and as a breeder.

Very sorry to hear this.....Prayers sent to Mr.Haskell and family...

We are so sorry to hear about Haskell. Our prayers definitely your way. Please let us know if there is anything we can do. All our love and prayers.