​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​

Official Website of the Foxhunters Hall of Fame

Masterfox Message
Start a New Topic 
1 2
Author
Comment
STUD DOG HUNT!!

Hunt will be held at Bill Rhodes pen in Cale, Arkansas September 22. Entry fee 150$ run 3 hours pay back 135 after pen fees. Must have proof of puppies off of your hound! Should be cooled off by then and be a good hunt. Mr Rhodes pen is around 300 acres and always has good running. Contact Justin Platt for numbers 870 584 7896. Text if I don't answer and I'll call u back.

Re: STUD DOG HUNT!!

Sorry it will be the 19th

Will Mr Puckett being Ruger this could help stud sells !!!

my hunting buddy wants know of he can run his 9 year old stud dog. he has some running dogs off him for proof he could run instead of the old dog.LOL

Y'all ain't gonna be laughing when y'all see a couple of these old dogs putting yalls youngens that are still being field trialed to the truck!

Stud dog hunt will be changed to a 2 class hunt. Hounds over 5 years old will be in the old class of hounds. Its just not fair to the old stud dogs that dont get ran anymore due to breeding to be ran with hounds that are still field trialling. Contact me if u need numbers or need to change a number

Give us a line up so far.

As of now
Jimmy Thompson
Adam Cain
Willy Stephens
Marshal Lewis
Judge Teat
Tom Powell
Rodney Folks
Kyle Efird
Brian Lamey
Big Creek
Homegrown
Tommy Cutrer
Perry Pond
Beacon Hill
Steve O
Moonlight
Dennis Lamey
Anthony Edwards
Todd Huff
Stephen Lewter
Rick Wilson
Walter McElroy
Charles Bailey

As I sit here and look at that list I realize that me and my old dog probably really don't belong. He has been just a pretty good old track running hound that there are a few pups out of. I'm afraid he nor I are in the same class as all the rest. Kind of reminds me of when I was still coaching and would get to the state tournament and be matched up against a team that was a lot more athletic than we were. All I knew to do was just go and do what we did best and pray. In my coaching career I was lucky enough to have quite a bit of success in those situations but I'm afraid this may be a different deal. But I guess if I can get him anywhere close to being in shape we will be there and donate to someone. Of course he and I will both be in the OLD class. Maybe we need a class called Over The Hill. Good luck to all. I hope there is a good time had by all.

Coach how old is your stud hound? I was told by a good friend & a dyed in the wool July man that he is one of the best HOUNDS he had ever seen run a coyte

Post the names of the DOGS that will be running.

Post the dog with the owner

Come on now! If they bring proof of puppies the. They will not be able to back date there puppies. That's what all the puppy hunters are doing where they can win. It's funny how they win all puppy hunts and the same dogs don't ever place in Derbys and all age hunts.

What did Marshall trade for a stud dog?

He'll do anything to say he has a stud dog

Mr Purtle, Snell will be 7 on September 23. I don't know that I would really classify him as a stud hound. I have some that I raised before I sold him and as far as I know Willy Stephens and Earl Jones are the only other people who have pups from him. I actually have a male from the litter I raised that I have bred gyps to that would have to run in the old class if I took him to the hunt. When I sold him to Harland he was, in my opinion, as good a track running hound as I had ever seen. Of course I haven't traveled alot to other parts of the country so I'm sure there have been many better. He really wasn't Harland's kind of dog. He was never one to outrun dogs across an open field but when they had to run a track he was hard to handle back in his day. Had a knack for running game tight. He definitely was never going to win a bench show. Was maybe the ugliest pup I had ever seen at about 5 months old. He was bought by a guy as a puppy, given away twice, and I traded 2 absolute culls for him when he was about 5 1/2 months old.

I'm bringing one , he did not place at Sonnys hunt but he will be ready for this one !!!! Roll Kidd !!!

Who going to be the one to beat let here it

There's a lightning storm coming from Umpire!

Btt only got a few numbers left to give out

That lightning show must've of blown by fast cause I havent seen him place in a hunt seen the efrids got him. So please lighten me up and tell he got better.

Cut ol lightning down all you want but look at what his offspring are doing. They didn't get him to run as a 3 year old. Are you that stupid??

You youngens don't be sqaublin over an old dog... I'll just say this I've been around a long time if your basing all this off one litter u may be in trouble cause it could've came from the momma... that's not stupid that's a fact! Have a gooden

Fact is ol timer you might be rite. It might be the momma. Anyone that has been around her pups knows that she has been a real producer. But you can't take the fact away that lighting is those gyps daddy! Until more pups get old enough to run you will not know. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion.The sorry part is that your not man enough to put your name on your post.

If a dog can't still run good at 3 years old, then why own him? I heard the pups off of him had a great momma and ive always heard from great houndsman most of it comes from the gyp. The fact of the matter the dog still hasnt placed in a hunt in a pretty good while. So yall can argue that all you want.

I think you should breed what u want to because the fact of the matter is you have to feed them. No one else does! Kyle has some of the best in the country two is off of lightning! If u want some breed a gyp to him if u don't breed to what u want. This is gonna be a good hunt and no names joking around is fine but don't actually bash hounds I've ran with most of the hounds thats coming including lightning and ole lightning can get it rest assure of that! Keep it in fun or don't post please!

Time will tell how he crosses on other gyps but this hound comes from a family of good hounds. I will say this a dog that comes from ray tyron at 3 yrs old has more miles on it than most at 8

Well boys I had 3 pups out of Eva's 1st litter and I sold 1 and gave the other 2 away at a hunt because they got scratched everytime I ran them and I don't go that route.The other 7 were culled.These pups daddy was one heck of a good stud dog you all have heard of.We then bred her to Lightnin and Kyle and Moonshine have been skinning your butts with them and 1 won a big hunt in NC.If Kyle has him in shape you will see just what that dog can do and Arkansas you ain't gonna like what he does to your stud dog.When I had him he won or placed in 3 hr,2 day and a 3 day and 5th place was the lowest he ever placed.I have a pup off him right now that is 4 months old that is a running SOB and tough as they come.And yes that dog has a million miles on him and 3 hunts were at Big Valley he placed in 2 derby and a 3 day.Don't see many Ark plates there more than once.

If you can't post your name then why post anything, the only reason people are saying anything negative about lightning is because they are jealous. I seen the dog run and the Hound can fly. I've got two litters off the dog, And my dad aint going to breed to no **** I say if you're going to run someone's dog down then post your name and don't be a chicken ****!Happy hunting

lighting will have plenty competition to show what he can do. I here mudd creek bones is back home to get it on in the old class and big creek is bringing a couple out of retirement.will some of the other big names be there. how bout holly pop. did he ever place in a hunt.who else is coming.

They say skinny got a studd that can get it on

Laugh out loud at all y'all that are getting butt hurt over what somebody said about someone else's dog. Yall are bragging on him so much then why hasnt the Efrids placed him in any of hunts they put him in? Hmmm good question there, but look at the upside yall can still ride Phil and kyles shirt tail cause some of yall can hardly place a dog outside of a puppy hunt!

At least they own the dog they are running not going all over getting something they don't own .

Out of the stud dog's that are coming to the hunt. Which ones have won the most money? Not counting puppy hunts.

I hear bubba chandler from Alabama is bringing his stud , will be in the old class and is still doing well in hunts placed 3rd at cornfield last week and won it the hunt before! L KOUT

Guys I don't know about y'all but from that list of ppl that's going to the hunt anything can happen!

Conan is coming !!! He has won a Polaris buggies and won money all over the world!!!

btt

Hunt is full! Will start waiting list. If your not coming please let me know!

I think I need to come judge .

You might need to brim I didn't know there was this many stud dogs out there I guess the requirements now days is to just eat an poop an breed! We might need to change up what we're doing Im still living in the old days I guess !

Boys this day and time breed to the name of a hound instead of if he has even won a hunt. Back in the day we never even considered him a stud till he was about 4 years old and had won SEVERAL hunts!!! Today if he wins 1 hunt they will be lined up at his pen to bred to the next ONE HIT WONDER.. They never consider what they are crossing on him either. If the pups are trash then its all his fault and they bad talk him from now on. Go to hunts and judge 1 days 3 days 8 hours and take a note pad and right down what you see. Then start asking around about females. Then go buy you a stud fee on what you have seen and herd at these hunts.

The best hounds in the USA never get entered in a hunt, go and hunt with the old boys that only pleasure hunt and breed to there best.

First off its someones opinion that makes the difference between a stud hound and just an old male dog. If someone likes their hound and is breeding to him it makes no difference what your opinion is that dog just became a stud hound just like horses! I know lots of people that breed to dogs that were good but crippled at a young age but they knew what they were looking at! Just because you don't like the hound or dont know what it is don't mean its not a stud! (Just maybe not advertised) They're gonna cull through them just like you with your pups off your stud hound! Besides if your opinion will keep you from getting beat by their hounds keep doing what your doing and don't worry about it collect their money after call off! let em roll!!!

Updated list:
Jimmy Thompson
Adam Cain
Willy Stephens
Marshall
RJ Folks
Judge Teat
Bubba and Tom Powell
Kyle Efird
Brian Lamey
Big Creek
Tommy Carter
Homegrown
Tommy Cutrer
Perry Pond
Whitey and Brenda Turner
Corey Lashley
Trey Banks ton
BHK
Combine Kennels
SteveO
Moonlight
Dennis Lamey
Anthony Edwards
Todd Huff
Stephen Lewter
Rick Wilson
Charles Bailey
Chuck Sessions
Skinny
Phillip Corley
Kayla Tebbe
Sonny Williams
Walter McElroy

Btt

I had this hunt put on for me and lighting , he's been running good in that pen come on boys try him !!!!

We want to see a list of the studs names. They are what this hunt is all about not there owners??? Post em.

what has that lighting dog done since kyle has had him? Just breed gyps. U idiots. He he, you dummies. Keep spending your money, one day you will realize that he has been put under some good gyps. Should have stayed here n Missouri

Dang Benji just spoke the truth there, based on a couple of dogs off the same gyp.

Simple truth is Benji didn't write that cause he isn't that type of man. Now I was always told if they talking about you then you must be doing something right. So I say to the Efird's keep doing what you doing cause you got them talking and that's what you want. Another thing, I know Kyle well and he is loving this cause when he bust your tails trust me you going to regret saying all this stuff. Keep talking boys! You got it coming

1 2