​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​

Official Website of the Foxhunters Hall of Fame

Masterfox Message
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Texas CRHA All Age Hunt - Shelbyville, TX 10-10-15

The Boles Field Fox Pen will be hosting its first CRHA all age hunt on October 10, 2015. This hunt will be ran under CRHA rules. We are hosting this in conjunction with the Boles Field pen fund raising for future kennels for all of us hunters to enjoy. The pen is full of seasoned game and running great!

One Class - All Age
Run: 5 hours - Cast at daylight
Judges will be provided
Entry: $75 - $25/pen/future kennels / $50 payback per dog
Breakfast and lunch will be served at no charge
Bench Show
MOH / Bench Show Judge announced soon.

Start taking numbers Monday 8-24-15. Please call or text Cary Don McCoy at 409-474-1466. if i cant answer, please leave message. numbers will be given out first come first served basis in order. it might be best to text if possible, due to work every day and stay pretty busy, but I will make sure everyone gets taking care of.

I would like to Thank Lil Harrell and the CRHA for donating additional prize for our winners!!! Thank you guys!!

Re: Texas CRHA All Age Hunt - Shelbyville, TX 10-10-15

Thanks bud for putting on the hunt all I have heard is good things about that pen so we're looking forward to coming over

We have over 80 numbers out so far!!!

We are also proud to announce that Mr. Ken Ezell will be making the trip over to serve as our Master Of Hounds and Bench Show Judge. You can't ask for anyone better to head up a hunt and the judges for you!!! Thank you Mr. Ken.

Gonna be a great hunt guys/gals, get your numbers and come join us for some fast running and a great time!!!

right at 100 numbers out so far...

gonna be a good one!!!!!

FYI, we are going to run there this Friday morning if anyone would like to come and run with us... just let me know...all are welcome!!!

BTT

Question so many questions. I wonder if mcoy going to have new dog's? I hope so! I wonder if moon light going to make the trip? I wonder if the southern boy's are going to win? I wonder if ever one scared of Park and Dave's? Just a few good question!

Come on mannn! I ain't scared of no ghost. Are P and D they are good people! Let's get it on. And have some live action.

We been practicing for the hunt should be a good one , this is where we call home pen boys !!!!

Don't worry about Parker & Davis! Worry about Curly Bill & Blue Duck!

We will be there . We just have some old 3day hounds. Come on all you one day guys. Let's see all them speed & drive hounds. I like to watch a good fast hound run!! We have hauled these all over the country so don't start with that . This is there home! They do just as good away from there as they do there. We are going to play in this one day hunt. Then yall can come go with us to top gun . If they will run more than a day!!!

That's what I'm talking bout call them out brimm then put them to sleep y'all have some of the best I have seen run n a long time

Cary Don, what is the physical address to the pen?

Working on a decent address for pen, but its off CR 2625 right out of shelbyville, tx.

Bench Show will be Friday night at 7:00.

also, many of us will be staying the night at Huxley Bay Marina, which is about 10-15 minutes from pen.
For reservations call 936-368-2494 and ask for Ms. Sandy and tell her you are with our foxhunt and she'll hook you up with a special rate for $55. They also have a great restaurant!!! Only thing about that is it closes at 9:00pm, but Sandy said if enough of us want to some eat dinner and may be little late or close to closing time, we can call her with orders and such and they'll wait for us. They really try and help the hunters, so let's support them and give them a stay.

address to house across road from gate of fox pen is:
3301 County Road 2625, Shelbyville, TX 75973

if you type just like that in Google, it will pull up.

any further questions for help, please feel free to give me a call.

still time left to get some numbers!!! gonna be a great hunt. the running has been awesome. for those of you that have been there but not lately, you will be surprised at how different the pen is looking. Trent, Carter, Broadway and fellow hunters have worked their tails off getting the pen looking great and steadily making improvements. I will say that the pen is in the best shape i have ever seen it and still getting better and better.
we casted 95 hounds in there saturday morning and the pen was rocking. running was above outstanding and didn't hurt a thing. game is plentiful, good and in shape.

carter has things lined out to make sure noone goes hungry, so bring your appetite!!

wanted to say thanks again to the CRHA for supporting us and donating $250 to be given away to the winners!!! they are working hard to support us hunters, so lets return the favor and make a CRHA hunt soon!!

to all: if you need anything between now and saturday, please let me know. and all please be careful with your travels to and from the hunt!!!