​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​

Official Website of the Foxhunters Hall of Fame

Masterfox Message
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Any Information About the Southern Illinois FHA Field Trial and Bench Show Going On Now?

Would anybody know any information concerning the first day's running of the Southern Illinois annual field trail and bench show held at the Paradise Hills Enclosure in mid-south Illinois? The pen has over 200 acres of non-harvested mature field corn in it and those old corn plant blades will cut the numbers right off of a good hard running hound for certain. The area has been dry lately and the soil in those big fields is probably as hard as concrete. This trial will surely test the metal of a good hound. Good luck to those with entries. Any one know anything for sure? Chuck Richey

Re: Any Information About the Southern Illinois FHA Field Trial and Bench Show Going On Now?

A reliable source told me this evening that John Hoehner won first and second in the derby stake at the Southern Illinois FHA annual field trial today. Monty Sullivan and Mike St. Ledger (S.O.S. Kennels) placed three in the top ten in the derby and Rex Moreland had one in the top. Heard that Ch. M & S Bella still ahead in the AA stake after the first two days of hard running.

Re: Any Information About the Southern Illinois FHA Field Trial and Bench Show Going On Now?

yup that's who won it's not very hard when your president of the hunt next year i think I'll stay home an save my cash congrats though john! I guess when you haven't had much luck anywhere else just have your own hunt lol!

Jimmy it u were at the hunt and didn't enjoy it u probally should stay at home tuff conditions great running and some outstanding dogs from 4 different states with some of the best judges u could Find but u have to be be smart enough to know I was the president and the job could be yours next year if u want to step up and show us how smart and talented u are but I have placed and won all over the world this made my 86 th champion how many u got 1010 mt. Zion is my address if you would like to see if iam out of good dogs bring your best and on the other hand want to thank my fellow hunters for coming and congrads to all the winners hope everyone has a safe and blessed day

When someone has time - sure would like to see the results from this hunt - was told that there were some outstanding pedigrees associated with this group of hounds - thankx in advance!

The results are posted on the results page