​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​

Official Website of the Foxhunters Hall of Fame

Masterfox Message
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
National-Futurity fees and entry numbers

any predictions on entry numbers with the lower fees? anybody heard how the nominations went?

Re: National-Futurity fees and entry numbers

350 for each hunt

250 F.
375 N.
lowering futurity fee is good for some ,but there's too much involved with the age requirements to increase entry too much.Opinion is hunters are bringing their best no matter what the fee is to the futurity...... The National may increase its numbers by picking up a few good deer dogs.

****265 futurity / 325 national *****

I predict the hunts make nearly the same money as last year and a few big wigs with pockets run more dogs and win. ..and the poor boy with his 3 best tries to compete.

I think the only thing that might increase is a few local dogs. As far as the "big wigs" I think these guys are bringing as many as they want no matter the entry fee but that's my opinion. A lot of people who attend this hunt travel a great distance, as from the Carolina's, Georgia,Kentucky, and Virginia. A few dollars on the entry fee is just a drop in the bucket when it comes to a few thousand on getting ready and making the trip. We live 15 hours from Grenada and when our kennel has traveled previously the entry fee didn't determine how many were entered, it was what we thought had a chance. If anything causes the entry to go up this year I think it will be lower gas prices! That is one of the most expensive parts for some of us.

keep an eye on who enters more in the futurity this year year and you will see who was for the drop in price.there are 60 more nominated this time.

Good luck and safe trips for all hunters and judges.