​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​

Official Website of the Foxhunters Hall of Fame

Masterfox Message
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
The Flooding, The Breeders Cup, The Manning Pen , and others....

I've been getting a lot of calls. Here's what we know:

First and Foremost - Keep all the folks along the Black River, Santee River, the Edisto River and numerous other places in your thoughts and prayers...there are houses under water and gone. GONE. This isn't 2 ft of water in your yard or driveway, this is water over the roof tops in places. It will be quite a few months before they can figure out what they still have.

I have talked with Richard the last couple of days about the pens at Manning. He said "they are wet, but they needed some rain - just didn't want it all in one weekend".
Because it was dry and the fact that they are above the Black and Santee rivers a lot of the water is already out. They were able to drive around the fences Tuesday and yesterday, and there is only one place that still has water in the road, and that should be gone by Friday he thinks. No fence issues.
He said the roads are good, back to feeding the coyotes in the roads like usual - but he didn't really want a lot of running in the pen till the sun had time to dry the roads completely so trucks didn't mess up the roads too bad.

The pens will be good to go for the Breeders Cup in 2 weeks.

The problem now is the condition of the roads to get to the pen. There are ways to get there now, but there are many roads still closed. These are being opened and fixed daily - and we will keep updating this closer to time, as to the best route to get there.

Once again, keep the folks in your thoughts and prayers....they surely need it.

Re: The Flooding, The Breeders Cup, The Manning Pen , and others....

This is what I'm talking about....This is Boodie Walters river house on the Black River.

photo Boody Walters_zpsaxszq5rh.jpg