​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​

Official Website of the Foxhunters Hall of Fame

Masterfox Message
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
blankets

people we need to fix this painting numbers on dogs and putting brake fluid and stripper on dogs to get it off after the field trial is over. We need to find away to lock the blankets on the dogs to satisfy folks worried about some one switching dogs. This is a no brainer-locking bands around the bottom of the blanket etc. 9 dollars for a can of citrus stripper, 5 dollars for a bottle of brake fluid and its time consuming. I would rather try to walk through hell with gasoline drawers on than take numbers off of a dogs hair. We need to have a meeting of the minds and figure this out.

Re: blankets

potlicker
people we need to fix this painting numbers on dogs and putting brake fluid and stripper on dogs to get it off after the field trial is over. We need to find away to lock the blankets on the dogs to satisfy folks worried about some one switching dogs. This is a no brainer-locking bands around the bottom of the blanket etc. 9 dollars for a can of citrus stripper, 5 dollars for a bottle of brake fluid and its time consuming. Not to mention blacking them in. I would rather try to walk through hell with gasoline drawers on than take numbers off of a dogs hair. We need to have a meeting of the minds and figure this out.

I agree with you potlicker I don't think all the stripper and brake fluid is even remotely healthy for the dogs let along the time it takes to get it off.I think as fox hunters we can all come to a agreement that there has to be a way to do the blankets to satisfy all the hunters and their needs.

I like the blankets. I've used them twice and don't think I will ever paint another hound. I have seen hounds lose them during hunts however and that alone gives one pause on using them. Then again I've seen poorly painted numbers (mine) come off during a hunt. I like the blankets

Mr.Larry if you put a zip tie on the blanket were it clips and tie it tight you want ever loose one of it is tight enough around the dog I have been running them on mine and have not lost one yet,but I would also like to say that the strippers cause my dogs to have a lot of skin irritation.

Barbed wire fences and downed cedar brush is hard on blankets around our area. I've seen them ripped down the sides and middle. Zip ties won't keep that from happening. Don't get me wrong. I like them. I do think it is a good idea to lightly stamp or paint the same number on the dog in case it does lose a blanket and never put a blanket on a dog that has a different number from an old hunt still showing. Like a lot of other problems we face these days in our sport, I'm not sure there is a really good solution.

You would think the bigger kennels that put 10 or 15 dogs in a hunt would have some input into this. Go along to get on along. C R H A looking more better every day.