​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​

Official Website of the Foxhunters Hall of Fame

Masterfox Message
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
All American

Time to get board hot and talk about the all american......

Who going this year? Me and Brian Haas rolling out together this year....

Heard crowd from SC and NC going.....

Who been running there dogs on outside getting them ready for outside running? I haven't yet keep saying I am going to loose them at house but haven't.....

How many times you been to Grenada? I been 5 time ever time to Nationals the place is nice and peaceful.....

Who you picking to kick some tail ?? I can not bet against Scott Hoehner he the man at All American in Grenada.....

Love this time year - we got the All American and Right behind it is the Breeders Cup then the USO then the new AFHA - lots of hunts lots of different places to visit....

Be good
Lenny

Re: All American

I would not be surprised if a Mini Skirt might show her tail😜

Lakehills Knls will be tough . Crowe you know you will be a good pick . With them hunting dogs I seen you with at World Cup!! Good luck !!!

IM going with big daddy lenny crowe!!!!! Put the farm on it

Heath we got plenty more where those came from too. From what I heard, thank god they were there. Load the wagon boys its gonna be a great hunt. Can't wait to see everyone.
Pee Wee, can't wait to meet you. See what you feeding.
Guarantee Mike Carr and the crew will make this one worth showing up for. Thank y'all for doing all you do.

Heath I dropped pair of hunting and trailing fools off this morning @ Lonnie Wards and my pack of pups on way to work to knock the edge off them for Saturday @ Manning for the SC STATE one day, be good practice in that 2000 acres....Parker and Davis should come to All American this year....and you can bring me the 19 from the WC so I have good dog.....

Be Good

Lenny

Not that Heath and Kelly need to prove anything, but an All American win would fit on that resume well with all those other wins. And yeah, maybe we could talk em out of something when we get em trapped there. HaHaHaHa

Brian - I imagine them boys dodge all american might be to much pressure....lmao - come on Davis....give um hell

Lenny

Well I didn't want to say nothing but pretty sure we scared em at the World Cup. I hope they will keep field trialing in 2016

Y'all did scare us bad we having to re-group now. Hopefully we will come up with something.

Kelly since u regrouping send me 19 campaign on east coast I'm going to some hunts that running be steady for all 3 or in USO case 4 days solid running........and he had lot white on him fit right in. ...

Crowe is this the same Haas that was suppose to come out to World Cup? Our dogs have a hard time running in pen . They probably wouldn't do nothing on outside. But you never know? We might just have to test the water at the lake!!!

Yep. I about got em all stitched up from what y'all did to these poor things. Ready for another try. Im coming for the outside thing. Figure I might can sneak up on yall out there. Hope to see y'all there.

My first All American was in Picayune, Mississippi in 1989. JR House and his son Dennis and I left on Friday evening and drove all night long to get there. We drew our numbers and headed to the kennels where Lewis Garner helped us get two kennels for our hounds. We had just won the speed and drive at the USO and took six hounds. It was a who's who of the field trial world and I was honored to just be there.

We had just bought our first tracking system from Wildlife and the week before the collars came but the box was delayed for another month. Back then it took months to get stuff because Johnson and Wildlife were wild open with this new invention called tracking collars. I took the collars anyway and told JR I would find someone with a box to help us. We had the 216 frequency and the only people that had that were Mickey Kennedy and Mr. Folbey from Illinois. Everyday we went into the pen and caught hounds and each time I seen Mickey & Folbey they would check our hounds for us and help. The friendship I have with Mickey today started at that All American like so many more.

It was wall to wall running the first day, but three trailing scores were posted and my McAdoo hound had one of them. He ended up going down for loafing with 8 minutes to go on day three which was OK because he had split open one of his front pads that day and could not go for weeks after because of it. We did have two make the cut, McAdoo's brother Popeye and their mother Lady Girl. We failed to crack the top ten but man what a week I will never forget.

Unfortunately, my work and vacation time did not allow me to attend many All American's in the 90s. JR did go one time to Pamplico and stayed with Doug Landingham but we did not make the cut. That was in 1997 and all I could do was go down on Saturday and help number the hounds then back to work.

I was asked to and able to judge the 2000 hunt in Grenada, the 2001 in Sand Sifters, and the 2002 in Manning. This was a wonderful experience too, getting to meet and work with some of the best judges ever to use a pencil and pad. Plus the trip to and from Florida riding shotgun with Lonnie Ward was better than any roller coaster I ever was on.

Since then I have run most of the All Americans but not all because on not being able to get off of work. I ran at Manning, Pamplico and Grenada and enjoyed everyone I attended. Especially the year in Pamplico winning the bench show with Jack.

I could not make the year Mud Flap won it for Chubby, but knowing I bred and raised him until Chubby got him at four months old made me proud.

I have only had my name called out one time in the field over the years, that was in 2014 at Grenada when my Ronnie hound won first place trailing. He did not even HGA, he was tied for 10th. That is why I say the All American is the hardest field trial to place in ever, and those that are consistent at it need to be commended, because I know I have had some good hounds at it to never HGA one.

This year I am honored to be the President. I cannot wait to get there and see everyone and I hope everyone has safe travels to and from the hunt. I will miss my dear friend Chubby Paul, but I am sure he will be with us in spirit. I was planning a special evening for him to receive the A.N. Nichols Award, but now it will be a more somber event.

Thanks to Mike Carr for all he has done as Secretary. Every time I think of something that needs doing he has already done it. I have been blessed over the years as President of major field trials with my secretaries, from Connie House in 1995 when I was president of the USO, to Nancy Verling when I was President of the Nationals in 2006 and 2007, and now Mike Carr.

I am also not worried about the field trial part because our Master of Hounds is Bill McGee who leaves nothing to chance. Bill will go down in history as one of the best masters along with people like Emmett Guy, Gerald Simmons, Wallace Dempsey, Charlie Boyd, Charles Graham, Bobby Cleghorn, Ebbie McElveen, Hubert Clemmons, Lonnie Ward and Pete Warren to mention a few. Bill will also have 35 capable and qualified judges to help him and I am not worried about anything pertaining to their job at the hunt.

So, with all this help I am going to do what Mike Carr told me to do. Mike said "Just sit back and enjoy the ride".

Good luck to all that attend and hope you make some great memories like I have over the years at the 2016 All American.

Jeff Brinchek

I enjoy the post on the history of the hunts held like this hunt.I remember my grand dad went several years ago and I still have the program of that year with hunters and sires with most pup places and wins listed.History has always been important because without knowledge of the past , hunters like myself wouldn't know how and who had the vision of this 4 day hunt.I enjoy this site very much.

Jeff, the fellow that helped you way back in 1989 was Mr. Donald Ray Forby from Makanda, IL (deep southern Illinois). Donald Ray was indeed a gentleman and I know that he would have helped anyone instantly that was in need. Enjoyed your nice write up. Chuck Richey, southern Illinois.