​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​

Official Website of the Foxhunters Hall of Fame

Masterfox Message
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Alphas

Is anybody just running alpha collars on their outside hounds? Or are y'all still running beeping collars too?
I sold my quick track and I'm just wondering if alpha is reliable enough. I know the DC 40 astro combo wasn't.

Re: Alphas

I've had my Alpha for nearly 2 years and during those 2 years I haven't had to use the beeping system yet running inside and outside. I'd say they are plenty dependable enough, just don't try to change the track code unless you have the dog either in the box or in your hand because if you try doing it while they're in the woods 9 times out of 10 it'll lose connection in the middle of it, then it's hard to get it to connect again. That's just my experience with it.

10 4 thanks

I always ran both my Alpha and my beep collars, but one morning i was lazy and left my beep collars at home. I lost communication with one of my collars. I didn't find tbe gyp until 5 days later and my Alpha and my name plate collar was missing. Needless to say. I will not be turning any more dogs loose without both collars. Hope this helps.

That's the kinda how the Astros always done and I ran both when I deer hunted. But the last 3 years I've only pen hunted so I sold my quick track and upgraded to alpha. I'm wanting to get back to deer hunting next year. Looks like I might better find me another machine and collars

The problem that we have is so many using them now that we have so much trouble messing each other up. Other collars the same as ours. Then the lost communication is all ways happening. Then battery going dead if you do have one that you cant track and have to leave. To much trouble for the money. Beep beep works every time. Just my 2 cents. Oh yeah they are also stolen a lot.

I put both on when running on outside....A tt15 and a beep beep.