​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​

Official Website of the Foxhunters Hall of Fame

Masterfox Message
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
$500, Alum. Dog Box, Shotguns, Rifles and Knives

We are two weeks from our open hunt Feb. 13th at Darlington. The prizes are mounting up, and this hunt will be different. The winners will be called out from 10th-1st and awarded a nice plaque. At that time, the first place winner will have choice of any prize we have! The same will be for second thru 10th. The prizes will be displayed on tables for the hunters to view during the hunt:

Old South Aluminum Dog Box

Remington 12ga. 870 Camo
Savage .17 HMR 3X9 scope
Marlin .22 magnum
Mossberg 20ga. pump
Thompson Center Stainless Omega

Case pocket knives
Several collective knives

$500 cash and four other cash awards

All prizes not claimed by the top ten, will be auctioned following hunt awards.
We will be adding prizes till hunt time, so get your numbers and come join us for a good cause.
This hunt will be ran under CRHA rules and scored as a Grade 1.
Bench Show @ 7:30 p.m. on 12th Awards to BIS and BOS
For Numbers call 225-305-0358

Re: $500, Alum. Dog Box, Shotguns, Rifles and Knives

Are you planning on telling Hunters about the Pig population, or are u gona let them figure it out themself?

Wow thanks to hunting heritage men and women and the pen for putting the time and effort into giving hunters somewhere to compete amd having great prices for the winners, all the while raising money for a worthy cause!! I hope the hunt is an success, this sport could use more people that would try to do positive things and less that try to find fault and tear them down. Thank You all!!!!

No disrespect but is there hogs In pen?

I've had trail camera out for past month and had a 5 on camera and we have killed 3 of them we had 87 dogs this weekend at Floyd joiner hunt raised 7,900 dollars had a great hunt the dogs killed one of the pigs but to answer your question yes there is still a couple In there but nothing with any cutters and hopefully by the hunt none will be in there we're going after them this weekend and will leave the camera out to Ck will keep y'all posted but I've put over 100 coyote and 40 fox and it is outstanding running and there is few deer in there to a bob cat and a house cat few rabbits and I've seen a armidillo are two other than that about it. Hope to see y'all there we have done a lot of work up there and jimmy has some great prizes and it's a good cause

Guys, I would under no circumstances, say the pen is pig free, we ran this past weekend and killed two. The running was outstanding on coyotes and fox, but we did bay two, and there is now two less, What I can promise you is that, we will have a minimum of four different groups strictly to handle any bays, coyote or whatever. I wish I could say that mine won't run a hog, but they have, but I will assure everyone that we will do everything possible to keep your dogs and mine from being injured in a bay. Hope to see y'all on the 13th, we have some really nice prizes and plans for some good eating.

How long is this hunt, and what age thx

Is this hunt open to grade dogs?

It's a 5 hour, and yes it's open to grade dogs, I started a new post just to list prizes. I just brought it back to the top for all the details.

Savage Model 64 .22 caliber LR Auto added to our list of prizes for top ten hunters. This makes six guns! We still looking for at least 2 more.
Also a breeding to:
"Efrid's Lightning" Thank you Kyle and Phil.
"Turdhill Class Act" Thanks Tic.
Breedings and other items will go on silent auction.

Thanks to some awesome people, of whom we can never thank enough, we rounded out the top ten with two more really nice prizes. as soon as they arrive, I will post. We have 126 numbers out so far.

How many numbers out?

Have had a few handed in, we are at 131. Also have a Garmin TT 15 added to the list of Top Ten prizes. Should be a good one.

Surprised that the one putting on the hunt took prizes after he said he was not. Huh

Congrats to tic on the win an to everyone that placed had a good time

If anyone in anyway was not satisfied with the hunt, please contact me and I will gladly refund your money or you are welcome to this box. You do not need to post on here simply call me or come by, it will not be discussed on here, I'm sorry someone was not pleased. But I assure you I will make it right, whatever it takes..

Ran 16 head at 75 dollars a pop an placed 1 dog with 97 dogs in the hunt. I would say that's a high dollar box!!!

Rowdy, so glad to see your hearts in the right place. NOT, but just to set the record straight, I covered the entry fee on 20 dogs, there were several hunters that have had a full plate lately and I wanted to help them out. But if you will check, I entered 10 dogs at last weeks benefit, 12 at the Christian hunt, 14 at the kids hunt, 10 at Hope hunt and many others, all those prizes were expensive too, if we were lucky enough to win any. I didn't enter them for the prizes, I entered them for the cause. The same reason I put a $100 bill and a $50 bill in an envelope for the judges drawing along with 18 knives. These men did not come dedicate their time for the prizes, they came for the cause. If I were entering a money hunt, just for the money, I would only bring three, But just to put your mind at ease, I've got it figured out to where it didn't cost you a dime, But as I said earlier, if you entered a dog and were not satisfied, just give me a call and I will gladly give you back whatever you spent and not post it on here, under anybodies name.

Who cares shoes on the other foot now and it hurts don't it....

Not sure what you mean, this was a good honest hunt, for a good cause. Enough said.

MR.JIMMY,DON'T LET NO NAME POST BOTHER YOU! YALL DID THIS HUNT FOR THE CAUSE,NOT GRATIFICATION OR SELF GAIN!

I don't get on here much but I've been knowing Jimmie mccoy since I was a kid theses people just do not have a clue what kinda money this man contributes to these kinda hunts so go peck on your keys elsewhere !!!!!! There has been few if any hunt in the country that had as good of prizes .. Great food and judges and houndsmen and women they beat me like a drum but if they had another next week I would saddle up again congrats tic and cleave great showing and a awsome young gyp and to all that placed ... Judges got rewarded but as it was said earlier it was it was for the cause ..... All you no name ppl I want you to think about that when you climbing that tree next year to hunt a deer that there are challenged kids who can't do that and these kinda hunts make this happen grow up houndsmen

So what I'm trying to say is Jimmie dont let this discourage hunting heritage from helping theses kids and I know and several ppl know how hard you and Marcy worked to make this a successful hunt you will never make them all happy ....... I hunted with lots of older men and they never field trailed until it was a bennifit and they was shocked how the hunters would come together just as they did sat but there is always one bad apple or two in the bunch y'all keep doing your hunt its a great hunt

This was the second fox trial iv attended. The first one was a year ago at this same benefit as a spectator. This year I entered a hound that finished with 30 points which put ( I think) about 60 hounds above her. I got 75.00 worth of BS talking with people like me. The only thing I saw wrong was , it's hard for 98 dogs to run the same piece of game. I really don't know why that was happening because I saw plenty of game not being run. The second change should be to build a dunking booth and lock Donald Graham inside for 5 hrs. Good benefit Jimmy and pen owners, good luck will be back next year. If you place a dog , take a prize.

Iv been a reader of this message board for a few yrs now and respond with comments occasionally. Jimmy, iv noticed you get your share of guestional conduct. That usually mean your active and doing something right or you are running good dogs and winning .