​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​

Official Website of the Foxhunters Hall of Fame

Masterfox Message
Start a New Topic 
1 2
Author
Comment
Re: Longest Hours to Run?

Yes indeed Coon Ass I know what you are saying Mr. Bailey and I go way back and I can remember him having some of the toughest hounds I have ever ran with George and Johnny was the 2 track running hounds that I can remember I have ever had the pleasure of hunting just wanted to say hello to you all and God bless and good hunting enjoyed reading the post did not have all the name-calling and bickering Just good down to earth old fashion storytelling

Re: Longest Hours to Run?

Some very interesting reading didn't finish all post but is nice to see people have difference of opinion without much negativity. I for one can agree and disagree with the same post by lookin at it 2 different ways. For example mr alpha there is no doubt that u can put 40 miles on a dog in a pen in a lot less time as u can in the woods. But sometimes it can be fooling I can take my young hounds to pen and make my old hounds look as if I should have left them home then turn around next weekend and bring them to the woods and it be just the opposite. It's just like taking a marathon runner off the steet and letting him run through the swamp he may just not make the 5 mile marker before quitting are being slung out the race depending on how he adapts to the environment. Some can some caint so it's hard to tell someone just cause they put more miles into a trip it was more demanding than the other. Some dogs do trot for hours some run for hours. I just wish I still had some like the post above that can flat run for hours. They are hard to find that's why it's so nice to have one. Just my thoughts.

1 2