​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​

Official Website of the Foxhunters Hall of Fame

Masterfox Message
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
sad day in Mississippi again

Me and my neighbor,friend,and fellow hunter was running our dogs last night.My friend went home to eat supper with his wife and kids and I stayed listening to the hounds run.Dogs crossed a gravel county road and were running adjacent a paved county road and all of a sudden 2 shots rang out.Dogs split up I drove around on pavement and there laid my friends dog on side of the road murdered by a blast of buckshot.The house the shots came from owned no land dog was running own or doesn't own County road either.One of my hounds was also shot in the neck with a buckshot.Only a low life coward would do this.The county authorities we're the only law enforcement that showed up and my hats off to the clay county sheriff's office.But why was there no department of wildlife and fisheries law enforcement there.This was a hunting related incident I believe.They wouldn't even come take a report.Bet if was running deer during deer season with dogs and stopped on side of road they would show up.I am a law abiding citizen and try to do the right things in life,but this is all out evil from depths of hell and with no help mdwfp.The Bible says do not return evil with evil,but folks I have about had it.Who are we as hunters to get help from if it's not mdwfp.These people that kill these hounds needs to be stopped and our law makers need to step up to the plate because last time I checked they are still taking my tax dollars.Worst part of it all this man's kids had to see this hound laying there dead from a buckshot blast.How are kids ever going to want to hunt with this kind of thing happening.I will never quit running my hounds but it's getting harder and harder everyday.Why can't people live in peace and harmony anymore.I just can't understand such cruelty.Sorry to rant happy hunting to all.

Re: sad day in Mississippi again

Man where we live in Arkansas it is a felony to kill a dog. Even if it has a broke leg or something wrong with it. Not only that it takes a mean s o b to kill a dog. In that situation. I bet the person who did that has some serious issues Sorry about your hound.

Call the Humane society/ and PETA. The wildlife and fisheries will not help whatsoever. They will take your money for licenses though. You should also let your state representatives know what the wildlife and fisheries do. The local sheriff should also be informed. Make sure and take some pictures. The humane society will be best. They have money and lawyers just for that. Also, contact the sheriff daily until something is done. Do not take no for an answer. Good luck to you`ll.

Call Matthew Scott he's one of head guys of Mississippi Dog hunting association
228-209-0631 he might be able to help you out.

only thing that will work is make an example out of one of these low lifes
,that will get there attention very quickly.!!!!!

brad, please file charges against this guy. miss, state dog hunters should help you with this. I know there have been cases where the law made them pay dearly for shooting a man hound. I hope you will take a stand.

The authorities are involved and there were 3 hounds shot 1 of mine and 2 of my neighbors.1 of his was killed instantly and 1 was wounded and 1 mine was wounded also.Hopefully they will recover.

brad, I am glad to hear your reply. good luck with it.

Thanks BA for the post. I am hoping the hear something soon. The Mississippi hunting dog has contacted me and is aware of the case. We are prepared to go further with action if the local law don't get anything done. Thanks for being a great neighbor and hunting buddy. My 9 yr old was pretty devistated about what happen and seeing the hound shot to pieces in the road. He ask why someone would do that to our hounds. He is started going with us to run hounds and starting to enjoy it. I hope he don't get turned off now.

bo, I had that happen to me as a young man by a landowner that lived a few miles from me. I was not able to do anything because there was no witness. he later got caught and pay a big price for the hounds he shot. good luck to you and keep your son running those hounds.

Bo,

You know I have already been through the system on a hound being shot, mine was in Chickasaw county. Who is Judge in that area??
Guy had to pay for my hound, court cost, 6 months probation (he also chose that it was best to move)

Sorry about your hound.

Wish I lived close enough to help you. Please keep us informed. They will wish that you get quite, and forget it. Don`t do that. Contact them daily until they realize that you are not going away. If they want to settle, make it very expensive. Good luck to you.