​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​

Official Website of the Foxhunters Hall of Fame

Masterfox Message
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
ALL AGE BENEFIT HUNT FOR HOLLIS NEAL APRIL 3 DARLINGTON FOX PEN

Last weekend when the water came up so high, a lot of people worked around the clock to try to make sure Mr. Hollis's house didn't flood. 6 sandbags high all the way around and 2 big pumps running constantly to pump the water out as fast as it came in. That worked for a couple days, but around 3 a.m. Monday morning, a section of the wall caved in and it couldn't be stopped. He got around 10" of water in his house. Mr. Hollis and his wife did not have flood insurance and would never ask for anything from anyone. They just kept their heads up and said they will deal with it and get back in their house. I think we can help them out a little there. Let's have some fun with this hunt and band together like we always do to help someone out.

This hunt is on a Sunday that way it doesn't affect any other hunts that are already planned. I will have someone there to say an opening prayer before we turn loose and to give a short testimony before its called out.

3 hour hunt

Will have some judges and will pair hunters to fill gaps

$30 per dog. All money to Mr. Hollis after the pen fee is paid.

This will be a trophy/plaque hunt. Trying to raise as much as we can in as little time as we can, but still gonna try to have something good as the first place prize

If anyone would like to donate items or cakes or anything like that, we will auction them off after hunt

Gonna try to get some dog food there also

I will put some dogs in the hunt as will pen owners and anyone else who would like to pay the entry fee. Anyone who has ran against me in a field trial in the last few years knows you have nothing to worry about with me putting dogs in. Just donating money and want to see their fat butts get out of my pen and run.

For number call Chad Fagan- 225-505-9117

For info on donations or hunt call me- 985-320-0867

Thanks and let's have fun and show Mr. Hollis some support here!

Re: ALL AGE BENEFIT HUNT FOR HOLLIS NEAL APRIL 3 DARLINGTON FOX PEN

Jo Jo give me a call when you have a minute please

Almost 60 numbers out right now. Let's spread the word around and get a good turn out there for this! Mr. Hollis is the kind of person that would never ask for anything but would give you the shirt off his back if you need it. Let's make this hunt a success!

Walls Gator Farm is donating a pallet of Showtime to be used as prizes and auctioned off at hunt! Working on a couple other things that I will post tomorrow. Got quite a few cakes and things donated already also and some strawberries!

Ok, getting close. If you haven't gotten numbers yet, you still can. This is gonna be a very laid back hunt. I haven't ran my dogs since deer season and I'm gonna put 7 in it. Just a fun hunt for a good cause guys. Got a pallet of dog feed donated. Blue bag showtime. Will auction off 30 of those sacks the top 5 will get feed on top of the trophies the top 10 will recieve.

1st- 3 sacks
2nd- 2 sacks
3rd- 2 sacks
4th- 2 sacks
5th- 1 sack

My brother will cook sausage in morning and a pastalaya for after catch up. Will have drinks there also. Have a good bit of cakes and other foods donated for auction and a few other small things. Still gonna try to get some more stuff donated for the auction. Please come join us and let's raise some money for a good family.

Have some judges coming and will also send hunters out to judge if they choose to. If hunters want to pair up and judge that's great, if not enough pairs, singles can go judge. If you want to cheat on a benefit hunt on a Sunday morning for 3 sacks of dog food and a mug, you will need to listen good for the message that David Porter is gonna bring before the auction. Lol. Porter was driving the truck that my dad was riding in during the accident when dad passed away. He has an awesome testimony and I asked him to come share it with us since this hunt is taking place on a Sunday morning.

Turned loose 71 this morning! Great turnout!