​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​

Official Website of the Foxhunters Hall of Fame

Masterfox Message
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
South Alabama Open 8 Hour Results

Congratulations to everyone who placed! We had 40 good hounds entered and the running was strong and steady for 8 hours and even longer for several of the hounds. Red fox, grey fox, and coyotes were all run and none were harmed so that makes it a successful field trial as far as I'm concerned. Ryan Kidd and Sonny & Angela Lovett did a great job organizing the hunt and providing the food for everyone. We hope to have more 8 hour hunts later this year. The top 10 hounds at this hunt were all from different kennels and the home team did not protect the house very well with Florida and Mississippi taking most of the spots. It's back to the drawing board for SwmapGoat Chris Smith.

1 - 595 pts - Rambo Ranch Luke ( Lovett's Melvin X Lovett's Go Jill ) Rambo Ranch Kennels - Tallahassee , FL

2 - 550 pts - Ch SS Flo Fo ( Triple Crown Black Cat X Triple Crown Bobbie ) SS Kennels - Marianna , FL

3 - 505 pts - Barlow's Ted ( Cooper's Blackie X Barlow's One Spot ) Barlow & S&P ,

4 - 495 pts - T3 Hercules ( Ch Lakehills Stride X Melvin's Holly ) Springhill Kennels - Springhill , FL

5 - 485 pts - Lovett's Rockstar ( Ch J's Sir Bill H X Spires' Lilly ) U-Got-2-Lovett - Youngstown , FL

6 - 475 pts - Faith's Deer Dog ( Ch Faith's Rockin Leroy X Faith's Maddie ) Running On Faith Kennels - ,

7 - 460 pts - Hession's Gus ( Spires William X JoJo Lovett ) Holy Rollin Kennels - Richton , MS

8 - 455 pts - Enfingers CoCo ( Poverty Creek Romeo X Willow Oak Lil Bit ) Enfinger & Pearson - Jay , FL

9 - 450 pts - Kate ( Burkett's Mudcat X Burkett's Lola ) JR Edwards - Wetumpka , AL

10 - 430 pts - Top Flite Joy ( Ch Lakehill's Jaybird X Teat's Robin ) Top Flite Kennels - All Over, AL&FL ,

Best Mouth - RT's Julio (Lakehills Stride X Melvin's Holly) Springhill Kennels
Classy Hound - Ch SS Flo Fo ( Triple Crown Black Cat X Triple Crown Bobbie ) SS Kennels

Re: South Alabama Open 8 Hour Results

I told y'all that deer dog was coming! Lol. We had a great time at the hunt. Congratulations to our good friends John and Jen Waugh on winning the hunt, as well as Sky, Sonny, and Bro Jourdan!! Great hunt, and solid running. Enjoyed seeing some old friends and meeting new ones. Looking forward to running with yall again.

Thanks Chad, Deer Dog has been a good one so far. My family an I enjoyed the hunt and fellowship. The running was outstanding. Congrats to John, Chad an everyone else that placed.

Thanks Chad and Jordan, I really had a great time this weekend. Some folks may say I had more fun than I should have, but I don't do that very often and my good buddy Chris "the goat farmer" smith egged it on. Wrapping up that great time with a win made it all the more better. I had a good time playing with all the kids, and I apologize for my Ole redbone acting as ridiculous as his owner. Congratulations Chad and Jordan, and to sonny and Angela Lovett who I would have never even placed in a hunt without.